Get your course materials
Our Jayhawk Book Bundle program at Jamestown Community College gives you access to your course materials before the first day of class, while saving 35-50% on the cost of course materials each semester.
- Physical books are provided on a rental basis, and digital materials are delivered directly within Brightspace.
- Costs are applied to tuition as a course charge.
How does it work?
- Register for classes. After you register, the Campus Bookstore will prepare your course materials.
- Verify your order. One month before classes start, you will receive an email to your JCC student email address to verify your order and select your delivery preference (in-store pickup or shipped directly to you).
- Get your materials. You will receive an email when your order is ready for pickup or when it ships. Your digital materials will be delivered within your Brightspace courses.
- Return your physical books. Once the semester is over, you will receive email reminders to return your physical books to the Campus Bookstore.
What is included in the program?
The program provides all required textbooks, lab manuals, access codes, and digital textbooks.
The program does not include recommended textbooks, print copies of OER materials, or consumable supplies such as lab googles, dissection kits, pens, or binders.
How do I enroll in the program?
All students are automatically enrolled, with the exception of students enrolled in the Nursing and OTA programs.
The textbooks used in the Nursing and OTA programs continue to be used in each subsequent semester of the program. It is more convenient and cost effective for these students to continue to purchase their course materials in the traditional manner.
Can I opt out of the program?
While it is not recommended, you have the option to opt out of this program within 14 days of the first day of class. Opting out means you will not receive access to your required course materials in a package at a discounted rate. Students who opt out of the program will be responsible for independently securing their course materials.
Opt-out Portal »
Can I choose to participate in the Jayhawk Book Bundle for some classes but not for others?
No. The Jayhawk Book Bundle program is designed to be an all-in or all-out solution per semester for the lowest per-credit flat rate. Participation is by semester for all courses, not by individual course.
How do I change my opt-out status?
To change your status and opt back into the Jayhawk Book Bundle program, use the link in your opt-out confirmation email. You must make your final selection by the opt-out date.
No adjustments will be made to the Jayhawk Book Bundle charges on your account after the final opt-out date.
What is the cost?
The Jayhawk Book Bundle is included as a course charge based on the number of credit hours you are taking per semester. Current tuition and fees »
After verifying your order, if you add recommended textbooks, extra supplies, or merchandise, you will be required to pay for the additional items with financial aid funds or a debit/credit card. You can use your Title IV funds to purchase supplies that are not included in the Jayhawk Book Bundle.
If you choose to have your materials shipped after verifying your order, an additional shipping charge will be added.
Can financial aid be used to pay for the Jayhawk Book Bundle?
Yes. Financial aid, including Title IV funds, can be used to cover the cost of the Jayhawk Book Bundle.
How do I purchase my course materials if I decide to opt out of the program?
If you opt out, you will be responsible for purchasing required course materials, available through the Campus Bookstore.
Can I mark inside the book with a highlighter or make notes in the margins?
Yes! Use of highlighting and writing is permitted.
How do I access my digital course materials included in the Jayhawk Book Bundle?
When you reserve your Jayhawk Book Bundle, you will see how each course material will be delivered, either print or digital.
- Most digital materials will be available directly in your Brightspace course.
- Other digital materials may be distributed as an access card or email. Follow the instructions on the access card or within the email.
What if I add or drop a class?
- If you withdraw from a course and it has physical materials, you’ll need to return those materials to the Campus Bookstore.
- If you add a class, you’ll need to confirm your schedule change and select your delivery preference. The email will come from email@example.com. You’ll receive an email when the order is ready for pickup or when it ships.
- If you drop a class and enroll in a different class, the Campus Bookstore will exchange the textbooks/codes so that you have what you need.
When are my textbook rentals due back to the Campus Bookstore?
The deadline to return all rental textbooks is the last day of finals. You will receive reminder emails about the rental deadline to your student email address.
Can I buy my rented textbook?
Yes. The program provides you with the option to purchase textbooks at a reduced rate during the return period. A link will be provided in the return reminder emails.
Do I need to return books if they are for a continuation course?
Yes. You will be required to return continuation course textbooks. You will be issued the same title for the next semester of the continuation course.
What happens if I never verify my order?
You will receive emails and phone calls from the Campus Bookstore to remind you to verify your order. If you do not opt out, your materials will be held at the Campus Bookstore and your student account will be charged.
If I never pick up my books, will I still get charged?
Yes. If you do not opt out, your materials will be held at the Campus Bookstore and your student account will be charged.
Can I opt out if I already picked up my textbooks?
Yes. You will have 48 hours to return your textbooks. If you do not return the textbooks, the charges for the bundle will go back onto your student account.