Scholarship support at JCC
Jamestown Community College offers over $500,000 in annual scholarship support, and over half of our students graduate debt-free.
You can qualify for several JCC scholarships unique to your class rank and if you live on campus.
- If you're in the top 20% of your graduating class, you can receive the USA Scholarship, which covers NYS tuition.
- If you're a student from outside of New York, you can go to JCC for the in-state cost when you live on campus with the Residence Halls Out-of-state Tuition Grant.
- If you're from New York and living on campus, you can receive the Live Where You Learn Scholarship.
Apply to: JCC Admissions and file FAFSA by March 1st; no separate scholarship application required
Amount: NYS resident tuition less Pell, TAP, and PA State Grant
Deadline: File JCC Admissions and FAFSA applications by March 1st. Eligible late applicants are considered on a funds available basis.
Eligibility: First-time, full-time freshmen applicants ranked in the top 20% of their graduating class, earning Regents diplomas from accredited high schools in NY counties of Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, or Allegany or with academic diplomas from high schools in PA counties of Warren, Forest, Potter, McKean, Elk, or Cameron or PA cities of Corry or North East
Duration: The USA Scholarship will pay for up to four semesters of NYS resident tuition not covered by PELL, TAP, or PA State Grant, or JCC tuition waivers. USA scholars must enroll in, and complete, at least 12 credits each semester with a 3.0 semester and cumulative grade point average to maintain eligibility to receive this award.
The USA Scholarship is comprised of the following endowed funds:
- Robert W. Biehler Memorial Fund
- Carnahan-Jackson Fund
- Cutco Foundation Fund
- Winifred Dibert Fund
- Dresser Rand Fund
- Dr. Greg T. DeCinque Fund
- Faculty Association Fund
- Je’Anne Bargar Memorial Fund
- John & Judy Anderson Fund
- Katherine Ganz Fund
- Erick Laine Memorial Fund
- Lake Shore Savings Bank Fund
- Elizabeth S. Lenna Foundation Fund
- Robert Maytum Memorial/DFT Fund
- Glen Miller Memorial Fund
- Richard & Pauline Murray Fund
- Sheridan E. Spicer Memorial Fund
- Thelma K McAuliffe-Spicer Memorial Fund
- USA Scholarship Fund
- Ruth B. Walrod Memorial Fund
- Weber Knapp Fund
- Sarita Weeks Fund
- Jim & Georgia Wellman Fund
Apply to: JCC Admissions and submit the JCC Hillside Suites application with deposit
Amount: One-half of the current academic year out-of-state tuition amount
Eligibility: Full-time U.S. non-NYS resident students residing in the JCC Hillside Suites. Payment of grant requires the student's account to be paid in full or with authorized aid and/or approved payment plan in place by each semester bill due date. Students must demonstrate satisfactory academic progress to maintain grant.
Duration: Up to four semesters
For students attending the Jamestown Campus
Apply to: JCC Admissions, and file FAFSA and submit JCC Hillside Suites application with deposit
Eligibility: Full-time NYS resident residing in the JCC Hillside Suites who graduates from high school with an average of 80% or higher. Payment of grant requires the student's account to be paid in full or with authorized aid and/or approved payment plan in place by each semester bill due date.
Duration: Up to four semesters, provided the student passes at least 12 credit hours/semester with a 2.5 or higher semester grade point average (gpa), and participates in at least 2 campus financial literacy programs per semester.
For students attending Jamestown Campus