Constitution of the student body
The student constitution at Jamestown Community College outlines the rights and responsibilities of JCC students, as well as the goal and practice of the Student Senate as governing body.
- Student rights, responsibilities, and regulations: You take an active role in your learning and academic success.
- Academic integrity: Providing an atmosphere that promotes honesty and the free exchange of ideas is the essence of academic integrity. Academic integrity includes the adherence to codes of ethical behavior associated with all areas of study.
- Student conduct: The ideal learning environment is one in which mutual respect and responsibility guide the actions of all members. As a member of the college community, each student is responsible for their actions within the community.
- Civility statement: JCC is committed to the highest standards of academic and ethical integrity, acknowledging that respect for self and others is the foundation of educational excellence. We have a right to be in a safe environment, free of disturbance and civil in all aspects of human relations.
- Student complaint process: You can complete the Student Complaint Form in accordance with the complaint process in the student constitution.
- Institutions delivering courses by distance education are required to provide students or prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with the state approval or licensing entity in the student’s state of residency and any other relevant state official or agency that would appropriately handle a student's complaint. State contact information has been collected by the State Higher Education Executive Officers (SHEEO) and may be found on the SHEEO website.
Student conduct & Title IX training
JCC's Sexual and Interpersonal Violence Prevention and Response course (SPARC) is available in Blackboard. The course must be completed on a computer.
- Log in to your Blackboard account
- Select JCC Student Training, and follow the instructions to begin the course
- Select SPARC 2020 from within the Select your desired course folder
JCC is a member of SUNY's Student Conduct Institute in support of Title IX training.