Next steps checklist for your first semester
Congratulations on your acceptance to Jamestown Community College! Now that you’ve been accepted to JCC, you probably have questions as to what comes next. This checklist will help to explain the next steps in the process and keep you on course toward registration for the upcoming semester.
If you have been accepted early, registration may feel like it is taking its time. Meanwhile, watch your email for occasional updates, newsletters, and other information from the Admissions office.
Math and English placement is based on high school GPA and additional success indicators. Further placement testing may be required for students from out of state or without a GPA through their junior year of high school.
File for financial aid as early as possible. You can file your FAFSA and the JCC general scholarship application any time after October 1 prior to the year you plan to start classes. File by January 1 for priority consideration for grants and scholarships with limited funding.
- Students accepted for spring 2021: Go directly to step 2. Students accepted for fall 2021: complete a brief intake survey: intake survey for fall 2021
- Register for classes by choosing one of the following options:
- Request an individual appointment
- Students may also attend a virtual Accepted Student Day (only available during summer for fall accepts)
After you have scheduled your first semester, you'll register for new student orientation, which will help you transition into collegiate life at JCC.
If you are a New York state resident, you must submit a valid certificate of residence every academic year in order to receive the in-state tuition rate.
Registering for classes creates a financial obligation with the college. The financial responsibility agreement (FRA) explains your financial liability with the college. In order to confirm your registration, you are required to complete and submit the FRA each semester by logging into Self-Service Banner and viewing your student bill.
- Accessibility Services - Call 716.338.1251 for assistance with accommodations.
- Textbooks - Textbooks are required for most classes and are not covered in the tuition.
- Transportation - Make sure you have reliable transportation for the semester and a back-up plan if you are depending on others for rides to class.
- Paperless billing - Check your student bill in Banner. JCC supports a paperless, greener environment by not mailing paper billing statements.