Next steps checklist for your first semester
Congratulations on your acceptance to Jamestown Community College! Our checklist will help you with your next steps toward registration for the upcoming semester.
If you have been accepted early, registration may feel like it is taking its time. Watch your email for occasional updates, newsletters, and other information from the Admissions office.
If you are an international student, check out JCC's next steps for international students »
Contact your success navigators for help
Get connected with JCC’s success navigators help you prepare for the start of your first semester, from logging into your JCC accounts to registering for classes. You can contact your success navigator Casey Davis (Jamestown Campus/North County Center) or Meagan O’Brien (Cattaraugus County Campus) at any time, with any questions you have!
At JCC you'll use your Banner login and MyJCC student login for many college resources.
Banner is JCC’s student information system. You can add and drop classes, view your schedule and financial aid information, access your grades, update your contact information, and more.
MyJCC, JCC’s student portal, lets you access multiple college resources with a single login, such as Blackboard, Degree Works, JCC gmail, library databases, LinkedIn Learning, Starfish, and wifi on campus.
File for financial aid as early as possible. You can file your FAFSA and the JCC general scholarship application any time after October 1 prior to the year you plan to start classes. File by January 1 for priority consideration for grants and scholarships with limited funding.
- Complete a brief intake survey:
- Students entering in fall 2021: intake survey for fall 2021 (through Google form)
- Students entering in spring 2022: follow instructions for intake survey for spring 2022 (through Starfish)
- Go to the New Student Advisement page to prepare and register for classes
After you have scheduled your first semester, you'll register for new student orientation, which will help you transition into collegiate life at JCC.
If you are a New York state resident, you must submit a valid certificate of residence every academic year in order to receive the in-state tuition rate.
Registering for classes creates a financial obligation with the college. The financial responsibility agreement (FRA) explains your financial liability with the college. In order to confirm your registration, you are required to complete and submit the FRA each semester by logging into Self-Service Banner and viewing your student bill.
- Accessibility Services - Call 716.338.1251 for assistance with accommodations.
- Textbooks - Textbooks are required for most classes and are not covered in the tuition.
- Transportation - Make sure you have reliable transportation for the semester and a back-up plan if you are depending on others for rides to class.
- Paperless billing - Check your student bill in Banner. JCC supports a paperless, greener environment by not mailing paper billing statements.