Resources & services for employers through JCC
At Jamestown Community College, we support our area employers through a variety of initiatives.
Hire new employees & interns with Career Services
- Create a profile so job seekers can find and follow your company
- Submit in-person and virtual events you are hosting and invite candidates to attend, such as info sessions about your company or career opportunities, open interviews or career fairs you may be hosting off-site, workplace tours, and more
- Proactively recruit candidates by browsing profiles of candidates (who have chosen to make their profiles visible) and connect for a potential interview
- Post job and internship opportunities (tutorial on how to post an opportunity)
- Receive news from and register for career events coordinated by Career Services
- Reach out to the Handshake support team or Handshake employer help center for assistance
- Select I'm an employer, and fill out the space that pops up. This will create a help desk ticket, and Handshake support will get in touch with you.
Career Services can also help you:
- Host a recruitment table or open interviews at a JCC campus
- Attend a JCC campus career fair
- Present your business and opportunities to a student organization or class
- Offer tours of your workplace to groups of students
- Welcome students to shadow your current employees
All employers must sign and submit an Employer Recruitment Agreement if you would like to partner with Career Services in any way for your recruitment needs.
Train current employees with Workforce Development
- Receive training for your current employees based on business needs:
- Technology enrichment courses (QuickBooks, Excel, social media, etc)
- Leadership and Management training programs (Lean Six Sigma, etc)
- Customized courses based on your specific needs
- Enroll in career programs, such as HVAC fundamentals, professional plumbing, and skilled trades training
Develop your business with the Small Business Development Center
- Obtain counseling and training for your new or existing business
- Services are free and confidential
Build communities with the JCC Foundation
- Make a gift to ensure affordable access to higher education in our region
- Invest in workforce development by establishing a scholarship to attract and retain our region’s best and brightest
- Underwrite special projects that facilitate learning for students of all ages
JCC is committed to provide and maintain a work environment where all faculty, staff and employees are treated with dignity and respect, and which is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment.
JCC maintains a continued commitment to equal employment opportunity and expects and requires the full cooperation of all faculty, staff, and employees.
JCC does not discriminate in its employment of faculty, staff or any employee. JCC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all personnel and candidates for employment, free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of sex, gender (including sexual harassment, gender harassment, and harassment due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related conditions), gender identity, gender expression, gender nonconformity, sexual orientation, marital or domestic partner status, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information of an individual or family member of the individual, requesting an accommodation, veteran or military status, family care status, requesting or taking pregnancy, parental or disability leave, age, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law or regulation. All such discrimination and harassment is unlawful and will not be tolerated by JCC.
Any faculty, staff or employee, or any job applicant who believes they were subjected to discrimination or harassment in the workplace should bring the matter to JCC’s attention. For these purposes, any incident should be reported to JCC’s Affirmative Action and Chief Diversity Officer who can be reached at HumanResources@mail.sunyjcc.edu or by phone at 716.338.1035.