Tour a workplace through Career Services
As a student at Jamestown Community College, you can tour a local workplace and explore what it is like to work in different settings as you prepare for life after college. You'll develop a deeper understanding of the day-to-day working environment in a variety of companies and facilities. Tours are often offered as part of a specific course or academic program, and can accommodate large and small groups.
A typical workplace tour includes:
- A tour of the company, lasting about one hour
- A brief history of the company and discussion of the company’s vision for the future
- Opportunity to observe employees during a typical workday
- Discussion of required safety training and procedures, as appropriate per setting
- A question and answer session
Workplace tours offer opportunities for the host companies to connect with the JCC college community. Local workplaces can motivate and encourage students to pursue a career in a given field, while offering guidance as to which educational paths lead to local opportunities.
- Career Services interest form
- Career Services feedback form
- Career Services waiver form
- Waiver of Responsibility form (age 18 and over)
- Waiver of Responsibility form (under age 18)