Explore a career through job shadowing
Shadow a professional in a specific field for a day and explore your career options. With a job shadowing experience at Jamestown Community College, you’ll be able to try different jobs and see if your current major is the right fit for you. You’ll be paired with a host - many of whom are JCC alumni - for a day of first-hand observation and intensive one-on-one career exploration.
A typical job shadow includes:
- A tour of the company and typical daily activities
- Conversations with professionals
- Exploration of the skills, education, training, and certifications required for success in an industry
- Introductions to human resources personnel, department managers, CEO, etc.
- Discussions with recent hires at the company to discuss their path to employment
Host companies have a unique opportunity to connect with and inspire students early in their college career, influence their academic choices, and build awareness of the rewarding career opportunities available in our region.
- Career Services interest form
- Career Services feedback form
- Career Services waiver form
- Waiver of Responsibility form (age 18 and over)
- Waiver of Responsibility form (under age 18)