Get ready to move into Hillside Suites
Residence Life is excited to welcome you to Hillside Suites! Use this list of items to help you decide what to bring when you move in.
Rooms are furnished with:
- Refrigerator, stove and oven, kitchen cabinets
- Couch, armchair, end table, lamp, TV stand
- Table with chairs
- Sink, vanity, standing shower, shelving, toilet
- Wireless internet
Items to bring:
- Bedding (twin extra long, 36x80 inches) and pillows
- Alarm clock
- Bathroom and laundry:
- Towels and wash cloths
- Laundry supplies (high efficiency washer and dryer)
- Cleaning supplies
- Trash can
- Storage containers
- Surge protector
- Cell phone charger
- ID and/or driver’s license
- Checkbook, debit card, and/or credit card
- In case of emergency:
- Extra batteries
- Basic first aid kit
- Emergency contact list
- List of prescription medications, medical conditions, and allergies
Items to consider:
- Computer and printer
- Stereo/Bluetooth speaker
- Mattress pad
- Bed risers
- Small lock box
- Bicycle (bikes must be stored on bike rack outside of the halls)
- Mini-fridge (smaller than 4.5 cubic feet)
Items to discuss with suitemates:
- TV, streaming devices, DVD player (for living room)
- Pots, pans, utensils, dishes
- Trash can for common area
Please leave at home:
- Furniture (beanbag chairs, lamps, anything wooden or fabric covered)
- Curtains/window coverings
- Extension cords or plug adapters
- “George Foreman” style grills
- Hot plates or deep fryers
- String lights
- Cinder blocks
- Space heater
- Wireless routers/extenders
- Command strips or sticky tack
Frequently asked questions
May I bring a microwave, coffee maker, or mini-fridge?
Microwaves and coffee makers are permitted within the kitchen areas, not individual bedrooms. Since each suite has a full size refrigerator, it is not necessary to bring a mini-fridge. If you opt to bring a mini-fridge, it can be kept in your bedroom but must not exceed 4.5 cubic feet.
Who do I contact if I need accommodations due to a disability?
Contact Accessibility Services to request accessibility accommodations.
What am I allowed to bring for a pet?
Fish are the only acceptable pets allowed in the residence halls and must be in a tank that is less than five gallons. Should you have requests for emotional support animals (ESAs), contact the director of Residence Life and the Office of Accessibility Services. Guidance on service and emotional support animals »
Can I have a car on campus?
Yes, all students can have a car on campus.