COVID-19 relief fund through the CARES Act
Jamestown Community College has established a COVID-19 Base Emergency Grant relief fund through the CARES Act, which will assist eligible students with urgent financial needs related to the novel coronavirus.
The Base Emergency Grant is for allowable expenses that students have already incurred, or will incur, that are related to the disruption of campus operations. The limited funds included in the Base Emergency Grant are being prioritized based on financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2019-2020 filing year.
If the response rate is low and there are remaining funds, the funds will be made available to those students that are eligible for Title IV financial aid in 2020-2021 as evidenced by the FASFA on file at Jamestown Community College for 2020-2021. Students originally eligible based on spring 2020 enrollment will be notified that their last day to apply for the base grant is 10/31/2020. After this time, based on eligible funds remaining, Financial Aid will run a new list of students that are title IV eligible for fall 2020 and communicate to them about eligible expenses and the funds they can receive.
JCC will be providing eligible students with a self-certification form, which must be returned in order to access the funds. Eligible students will be notified via email and Banner.
If you have any questions, email CARES@mail.sunyjcc.edu.
Allowable expenses are defined as follows:
- School supplies (textbooks, software, lab materials, technology and computer, etc.)
- Health care
- Dependent care
To expedite the receipt of funds:
- Complete and return the Certification and Attestation for CARES Base Emergency Grant form
- Sign up for Direct Deposit (paper checks will be mailed out, but may take longer to process)
Please note that once the steps above are completed, the amount of the Base Emergency Grant will be provided irrespective of any outstanding account balance with the College. Funds will be delivered via the normal college refund process for students, via Nelnet Direct Deposit.
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) student reporting
- Initial funding notification dated 5/24/2020
- HEERF student reporting as of 7/8/2020 - 30-Day Report
- HEERF student reporting as of 8/20/2020 - 45-Day Report
- HEERF student reporting as of 9/30/2020 - Quarterly Report
- HEERF student reporting as of 12/31/2020 - Year End Report