Library Services for Alumni & Community

Get your library card

Jamestown Community College alumni and community members can use the libraries at both JCC campuses.

To get your library card, come to the circulation desk at either campus library with personal ID and proof of current address. Your library card entitles you to borrow books, periodicals, DVDs and other materials from the libraries' loanable collections.

Computer & printer use

Check at the reference or circulation desk for login information and workstation availability. JCC students, faculty, and staff have priority in the use of the libraries' computer workstations.

All users are charged $0.10 per page for printing. Printouts can be paid for and retrieved at the circulation desk.

Library accessibility

Online resources

You have access to the JCC Libraries' full collection of online resources from library workstations. Due to licensing restrictions, the libraries are not able to provide off-campus access to the collection.

Community patrons will have a username and password assigned when their library card is first issued. The format of the username is your last name followed by the last four digits of the barcode located on the back of your library card. You will be prompted to change your password the first time you log in.

Residents of the college's service area have access to a number of online resources through state-wide initiatives.

Students from other colleges

You are welcome to use the JCC Libraries' and borrow library materials, if you are currently:

We are an Empire State AcademicSHARE library. Therefore, AcademicSHARE Member libraries minimally agree to allow on-site access and lend materials to any current college student, staff, and/or faculty member from another Empire State AcademicShare member academic library. However, at minimum, a verifiable valid college I.D. is required. The library may choose to treat the college I.D. as confirmation the student/faculty member is in good standing. Other proof of identification or status may be required.