Advisement Procedure for Current Students
Fall 2023 advisement and registration begins Monday, April 10 for honors program students and veterans. All other current students may register starting Monday, April 17. Need help preparing for your advisement meeting? Come to an advisement prep session!
- Review your academic progress by viewing your six-week grades in Banner and your Degree Works audit.
- Review your academic plan. If your advisor entered a plan in Degree Works, log in and select the Plans tab.
- Find your classes in the credit course schedule. You can view the semester schedule as a PDF on the Credit Course Schedules page, or by selecting Course Schedule Search in Banner.
- Write down the times, days, and CRNs (course reference numbers) for each class so that they do not overlap. Your advisor will expect you to come prepared. Keep in mind that “TR” in the schedule means Tuesdays AND Thursdays.
- Keep your transfer plans in mind as you draft your schedule. Information on transfer planning can be found on the Transfer From JCC page.
Schedule an appointment with your advisor through Starfish (here's how!). If you aren't sure who your advisor is, you can also find them in Banner.