Brightspace through D2L
Brightspace is Jamestown Community College's learning management system for instruction.
JCC was selected to participate in the first cohort of SUNY colleges to migrate our learning management system from Blackboard to Desire2Learn’s (D2L) Brightspace.
Through this SUNY initiative, we have a shared learning management system for all SUNY campuses, with a single online learning platform, consistent templates, better training opportunities and support, and a common set of online tools for all SUNY institutions.
JCC recommends SUNY training through SUNY’s Center for Professional Development. SUNY login is required.
There are a number of live options, but they fill up quickly. All live sessions are recorded and available in the JCC Brightspace environment.
- Spark Training: I use Blackboard to supplement my face-to-face courses (and I have taught Remote courses). I am apprehensive to try new technology.
- Ignite Training: I use Blackboard to supplement my face-to-face courses (and I have taught Remote courses). I am comfortable trying new technology.
- Blaze Training: I use Blackboard to teach online or hybrid courses. I am apprehensive to try new technology.
- Bonfire Training: I use Blackboard to teach online or hybrid courses. I am comfortable trying new technology.
Brightspace YouTube videos:
How do I log into Brightspace?
- Log into Brightspace using your JCC credentials
How do I access my courses in Brightspace?
How do I export a course from Blackboard to Brightspace?
- JCC training video by Laura Parmenter: How to Export a Course from Blackboard and Import it into Brightspace (4 min)
How can I use private discussions for journaling?
- Brightspace training video: Groups & Discussions - Use Private Discussions for Journaling - Instructor (4 min)
How do I create links in Brightspace so that students are able to directly access web links without having to leave Brightspace?
- JCC guide by Vince Gerace: Using iFrames to insert direct links