Next steps checklist for accepted international students
Congratulations on your acceptance to Jamestown Community College! We're excited to welcome you to southwestern New York and JCC.
After you've been accepted, complete our next steps for international students, and you'll be ready to get started when you arrive.
If you have any questions throughout the process, contact Global Learning.
Apply for housing.
You are encouraged to order items and have them shipped to JCC's Global Learning office:
C/O Global Learning office
Jamestown Community College
525 Falconer Street
Jamestown, NY 14701
When you live on the Jamestown Campus, you get seven meals a week at no extra cost. Meal plans are optional. Learn more about meal plans.
All international students are required to have SUNY health insurance. International students are automatically enrolled and billed each semester.
Book your flight, arrange transportation, and share your arrival date with the Global Learning team.
Airports nearest Jamestown, NY:
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport
- Erie International Airport
After your placement test, you will get an advisor, who will help you register for courses.
International student bills generate once you have registered for classes.
To view your bill:
- Go to banner.sunyjcc.edu.
- Select Enter Secure Area.
- You will need your student ID (J-number) or social security number and personal identification number (PIN). The first time you log in, you will be directed to create a more secure PIN of your choice. You should also set up and answer a security question. This will enable you to reset your PIN if you forget it or become locked out of the site. If you do not set up a security question and require JCC to reset your PIN, you will need to do so in person or receive a new PIN through the mail.
- Select Student.
- Select Registration.
- Select View Your Bill.
- Select the term you want to view.
- Confirm your legal name.
- Complete the Student Financial Responsibility Form (FRA) for this term.
- Once completed, you will be able to view your bill.
How to pay your international bill:
- After you view your bill in Banner, click on the link at the bottom of the bill titled, Click here to access Nelnet.
- You will be redirected to Nelnet Business Solutions. You will create an account on your first visit. Afterward, you will be automatically logged in when you access the site through Banner.
- Select Make a Payment.
- Select amount to pay, check the box, then click Next - Payment Method.
- Choose International Payment under payment method.
- Follow the steps to proceed to Flywire. A pop-up will potentially appear choose the option to click here - do not continue to homepage.
- You will be redirected to Flywire to finalize your payment.
International student orientation is mandatory.