Do you want to graduate early?
Earn credits while trying something new and exciting?
Focus on a challenging course with fewer distractions?
You can do all that and more this summer at Jamestown Community College.
Our small class sizes, flexible schedules, and diverse learning options help you maximize your time and energy.
Too busy to come to campus? No problem. No matter where you are or what your schedule, you can earn credits online.
Summer is the perfect time to:
- Catch up on credits to graduate on time
- Complete courses so you can focus on an internship or study abroad in the fall
- Work on prerequisite courses
- Take a class while home from another college (most of our courses are fully transferable)
- Learn about something new and different outside of your major
Summer 2020 courses and registration are not yet available
Contact Admissions at 716.338.1001 (Jamestown Campus) or 716.376.7501 (Cattaraugus County Campus) with any questions.
Earn and learn this summer! Through JCC’s Applied Learning program, you can create a customized internship that connects you to your specific goals and fits your busy schedule.
Make this summer count by exploring a variety of internships available to students in diverse fields. Internships may be paid or unpaid, but all may be completed for college credit.
Students applying for credit-bearing internships must have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours prior to the internships with a grade point average of 2.0 or better.
- Business (Southern Tier Brewing Co., Chautauqua Institution)
- Communications (National Comedy Center)
- Hospitality (Jamestown DoubleTree by Hilton)
- Education (Jamestown Public Schools)
- Engineering (Bush Industries)
- Environmental Science (Lake Erie Regional Grape Project, Audubon Community Nature Center, Chautauqua Watershed Conservancy)
- Event Planning (Jamestown DoubleTree by Hilton, National Comedy Center)
- Health (Chautauqua Center)
- Human Services (Housing Options Made Easy)
- Manufacturing (Fancher Chair)
- Marketing (Jamestown Renaissance Corporation, Chautauqua Alcohol & Substance Abuse Council, Crown Street Roasting Co., Jamestown Escape Rooms, National Comedy Center)
- Office Technology (Infinity Visual and Performing Arts)
- Public Relations (National Comedy Center, Jamestown Renaissance Corp.)
- Videography (Jamestown Rebels Hockey Team, Digitell, Inc.)
Earn Credits Online
Take advantage of the convenience and flexibility of our online courses to stay on track or get ahead with your education.
We deliver many online summer courses, including biology, business, computer science, introductory languages, and more.
The best part? You study when it works for you.
Summer Session I (May 20-July 2)
|May 20||First day of classes|
|May 20-21||Late and special audit registration|
|May 25||Memorial Day — no classes — College Holiday|
|June 3||Last day to choose CR/F or audit grade options|
|June 15||Last day to change CR/F back to regular grade|
Classes follow a Monday schedule
Last day to officially withdraw from an individual class with a grade of 'W'
Last day of classes
|July 2||Grades entered into Banner Web by 3 p.m.|
Summer Session II (July 6-August 14)
|July 6||First day of classes|
|July 6-7||Late and special audit registration|
|July 16||Last day to choose CR/F or audit grade options|
|July 28||Last day to change CR/F back to regular grade|
Last day to officially withdraw from an individual class with a
grade of 'W'
Last day of classes
|August 14||Grades entered into Banner Web by 3 p.m.|