Thank you, to our donors
Donors are the heart of the JCC Foundation. Likewise, civic-minded individuals and organizations are the heart of the communities we serve. Each year, the JCC Foundation hosts a recognition event at which we present two prestigious awards - the John D. Hamilton Award and the Community Partner Award.
John D. Hamilton Award
The John D. Hamilton Society was created in 1995 and named after John D. Hamilton, who was among the devoted community leaders who worked diligently to see Jamestown Community College chartered in 1950. A longtime trustee, Mr. Hamilton also served as acting President for the 1969-70 academic year. The John D. Hamilton Award was established by the JCC Foundation in 1995 to recognize individuals whose civic contributions exemplify those of Hamilton.
- 2019: John L. & Carole W. Sellstrom
- 2018: John E. Anderson
- 2017: Randall J. Sweeney
- 2016: Jon & Judy Kirk
- 2015: Joseph C. Johnson, Samuel Price, Jr.
- 2014: Mary Frances “Francie” Potter
- 2013: David H. Carnahan
- 2012: Patricia M. Phillips
- 2011: Thomas I. Flowers
- 2010: JCC Board of Trustees chairman over the past 60 years
- 2009: James E. Stitt, Cutco Corporate College
- 2007: George Bataitis, Ken & Lois Strickler
- 2006: Louis Magnano
- 2005: Elizabeth S. Lenna Fairbank
- 2004: Allen Short
- 2003: Jim Snyder
- 2002: Dr. Lillian Vitanza Ney
- 2001: Erick Laine, Ted Smith
- 2000: Robert C. Kochersberger
- 1999: Miles L. Lasser
- 1998: Stanley & Sarita Weeks
- 1997: Dr. Robert Hagstrom
- 1996: Charles H. Price, Esq.
- 1997: John D. Hamilton
Community Partner Award
The Community Partner Award recognizes the vital role of organizations that work with JCC to provide for the education and social, cultural, and civic enrichment of our area. The JCC Foundation introduced the award in 2009.
- 2019: Chautauqua County & Cattaraugus County
- 2018: Lake Shore Savings Bank, Dennis C. Webster
- 2017: Chautauqua Region Community Foundation
- 2016: Dresser Rand Company
- 2015: WCA Hospital, The Jessie Smith Darrah Fund, The Lenna Foundation, The Johnson Foundation
- 2014: Olean General Hospital, Napoleon Engineering Services, YMCA of the Twin Tiers
- 2013: The Carnahan-Jackson Foundation, Inc.
- 2012: City of Jamestown, Cattaraugus County, Chautauqua County
- 2011: Hultquist Foundation, Inc., Ralph C. Sheldon Foundation, Inc.
- 2009: Cutco Corporate College