Theatre at JCC
The Robert Lee Scharmann Theatre is located in the Sheldon Center on the Jamestown Campus of Jamestown Community College, where we host cultural events and lectures. We’re also home to the Uncommoners, JCC's theatrical group and production company. The Uncommoners produce shows each year. Productions are open to area students and community members. Actors, musicians, and crew are encouraged to audition.
Pumpboys & Dinettes
It’s back,for a limited time! By popular demand, this high-energy musical returns for one weekend only!
- June 9 | 7:30 p.m.
- June 10 | 7:30 p.m.
- June 12 | 2 p.m.
About Scharmann Theatre
In 1956, Robert Lee Scharmann came to JCC to teach English and drama. Within months of his arrival, Scharmann began doing plays. The first few were at various sites around Jamestown, but not long after he moved into a small college theater in the abandoned elementary school that was being renovated as the first instructional building on JCC’s Falconer Street campus.
Scharmann’s personality and direction called forth brilliant collegiate productions and established theater as a preeminent student and cultural activity. Theater became so central to JCC that the trustees decided to include a full proscenium theater in the college’s building plans in 1968, and to name it the Robert Lee Scharmann Theatre after his death on May 10, 1976.
A generous bequest from Robert Scharmann allows for support of special theater projects. These have included residencies, visits from national and international theater companies, and awards for JCC’s students.
- Stage Dimensions: Proscenium opening – 29'; proscenium height – 14'6"; upstage wall to plaster line – 26'-36'; plaster line to edge of thrust – 10', grid height 39'; max batten height 38'2"; batten to deck lowest point 47.5"; average batten length 38'2"; wing space 14' both stage left and right
- Fly Gallery: Double purchase; 39 line sets; 210 dimmers – stage (3) pin; 3 line sets of electrics; 1 proscenium electric (fixed); 1 FOH electric set; cove electric – 8 dimmers vertical (4 L & 4 R) and 18 dimmers horizontal; maximum weight capacity of arbor – 450 pounds
- Drops/Soft Goods/Risers: 1 black scrim; 1 white scrim; cyc curtain; rear projection screen; movie screen; fiber optic stardrop; 2 black travelers; 1 blue main rag – traveler or fly; 3 sets black legs; 3 black teasers; 6", 12", and 18" tabletop risers; 3 stair choir risers – 6 sections; 1 Yamaha 88 grand piano; 1 Yamaha upright
- Green Room: Off stage left with private bathrooms & makeup room 1 floor down
- Scenic Shop: Fully equipped 25' wide x 27' deep x 40' high
- Full Costume and Props Shop
- Sound Reinforcement: Yamaha M3000A console – 40 channel mono, 4 stereo input channels, 4 band sweepable, 8 VCA group assign, 20 x 8 matrix mix, 128 MIDI scene memory, 4 monitor sends; 2 JBL SR4718 X 18″ subwoofers; 2 JBL SR4735 X 15″ three-way mid-highs; 1 Crown I.T4000 power amplifier (mid-highs); 2 Mackie M-1400i power amplifiers (subs); 2 Ashly stereo FET 500 power amplifiers (monitors 1 & 2); 2 Ashly stereo FET 200 power amplifiers (monitors 3 & 4); 4 JBL MI631 10″ monitor wedges; 2 JBL cabaret 4691B side fills
- Outboard Gear: Ashly GQX 3102 stereo third octave graphic equalizer – house; Lexicon MPX 550 dual effects processor; TC Electronic M-ONE dual effects processor; TC Electronic D-TWO multi tap rhythm delay; 2 Presonus APC 88 eight channel compressor/limiter/gate; 2 dbx 2231 dual Channel 31 band graphic equalizer – monitors; Furman PL-Plus power conditioners
- Microphones: 8 SM 58 microphones; 10 SM 57 microphones; 1 set AKG drum microphones; 14 Shure UT4 Lav wireless microphones; 1 Shure wireless UT4 hand held microphone; 6 short boom double clutch microphone stands; 6 tall boom double clutch microphone stands; 2 straight microphone stands w/ round base; 2 CB direct boxes; 2 CD direct boxes; 2 Snakes – 8 channel; others
- Communications: Clear Com PS 452 2 channel intercom system
- Luminars: 12 ETC Source 4 Lekos; 8 ETC Source Par Cans; 12 Par 64 Cans; 12 Altman 6" Fresnels; 6 Altman 3" Fresnels; 8 Altman cyc lights; 4 Altman scoops; 2 Altspots 1000 watt follow spots; 2 Vortex 360 dual rotators; various other Lekos and Cans; gels, gobos, colorizers
- Lighting Console: ETC Impression console; 24 manual faders; 2 pages of submaster memories; 150 control channels; 400 cue capacity per show; disk drive; 2 independent, timed fader pairs; support for optional features
- 2021 Pumpboys and Dinettes
- 2020 La Cage aux Folles
- 2019 She Kills Monsters, The Last Five Years, West Side Story
- 2018 Speech and Debate, Newsies
- 2017 Paragon Springs, Hairspray
- 2016 Crimes of the Heart, Cabaret
- 2015 All My Sons, South Pacific
- 2014 Wait Until Dark, Les Miserables
- 2013 Sylvia, Anything Goes
- 2012 The Glass Menagerie, Legally Blonde: The Musical
- 2011 A Midsummer Night’s Dream, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- 2010 Of Mice and Men, Tommy
- 2009 Dangerous Corner, The Producers
- 2008 Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, Peter Pan
- 2007 One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, She Loves Me
- 2006 White Liars/Black Comedy, Kiss Me Kate
- 2005 No Sex Please, We're British, Aida
- 2004 (The Punk) Antigone, Hair
- 2003 Picnic, Jekyll and Hyde
- 2002 Rookery Nook, The Pajama Game
- 2001 The Crucible, Cabaret
- 2000 All in the Timing, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
- 1999 Company, Grease
- 1998 Jesus Christ Superstar, The Children's Hour
- 1997 They’re Playing Our Song, Dracula
- 1996 Songs of Broadway, I Am a Camera, The Curious Savage
- 1995 Pump Boys and Dinettes, Songs of Broadway
- 1994 Little Miss Sunshine, Macbeth
- 1993 Noise Off, Into the Woods
- 1992 Hedda Gabler, Threads
- 1991 The Tree and Me, The Theft of Light, Lysistrata
- 1990 Wait Until Dark, Major Barbara
- 1989 A Chorus Line, Little Shop of Horrors
- 1988 Ghosts, Fifth of July
- 1987 Maydays, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
- 1986 The Apple Tree, Jesus Christ Superstar
- 1985 Gemini, The Rimers of Eldritch
- 1984 Whose Life is it Anyway?
- 1983 West Side Story
- 1982 A Midsummer Night's Dream
- 1981 Something's Afoot
- 1980 A Little Night Music
- 1979 The House of Blue Leaves
- 1976 Godspell, The Fantasticks
- 1971-72 Fiddler on the Roof, Loot, The Crucible, Adaptation, Canterbury Tales
- 1970-71 Summertree, This Property is Condemned, Black Comedy, The Glass Menagerie, Impromptu, The Sandbox, Fumed Oak, Funny Thing