Financial Aid Questions

Common questions about financial aid at JCC

How do I apply for financial aid?

You apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) that is available at The application becomes available on October 1 prior to the fall semester that you will be attending. You apply once every academic year (fall, spring, summer). The federal school code for JCC is 002869.

You should also apply for the New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) at The state code for JCC is 2085.

Did you receive my FAFSA?

Check to make sure a confirmation email was received (to the email you used for your FSA ID) affirming receipt of the FAFSA by the Department of Education. From the date of that email, allow 3-5 business days for JCC to receive it from the Department of Education.

Do you have all my paperwork required to process my financial aid?

Log into Banner and review information on the home tab. Here you can access any unsatisfied requirements, holds on your account, and status of paperwork you have already submitted. If you are being asked for documentation, these requirements come from the Department of Education, which does not allow JCC to award or process any aid until the requirements are satisfied.

Where can I see all my financial aid awards?

If you've filed your FAFSA, and have no outstanding eligibility requirements, then you can follow these steps to view your awards:

  1. Log into Banner
  2. Select the Award Offer tab
  3. Select View your SUNY Financial Aid Plan and/or view grants, scholarships and loans on the Award Offer tab

How do I borrow a loan, if I need one?

If you want to accept a loan that was offered to you in your award offer, you can complete the JCC Loan Acceptance Form via your Banner account.

  • After you sign in, you will be on the home tab.
  • Under Student Requirements, then Unsatisfied Requirements, select the drop down arrow next to Direct Student Loan Acceptance Form.
  • Select JCC Electronic Loan Acceptance Form on Direct Student Loan Acceptance form.
  • If you do not have the link, refer to your award letter for further information.

If you’ve never borrowed Federal Direct Loans, you must also complete the Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note at