EARN grant for summer 2021
Get ahead on your college and career goals this summer with Jamestown Community College! The Educational Advancement for Regional Neighbors (EARN) grant allows current high school juniors and seniors to enroll in one course tuition-free this summer at JCC. This grant is available to the first 100 students who apply and enroll in a course during one of our two summer sessions.
- Open to current high school juniors and seniors attending a high school in Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, or Allegany counties.
- Homeschooled students living in Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, or Allegany counties are also eligible.
- Must have been a New York state resident for at least 12 months prior to the course start date.
- Grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to those who complete the application and all the required documentation by the application deadline.
Summer Session I
- EARN grant application deadline: May 7
- Parent permission deadline (for students under 18): May 7
- Certificate of residence filed on or before: May 7
- Payment of fees due: May 7
- First day of classes: May 19
- Last day of classes: June 30
Summer Session II
- EARN grant application deadline: June 25
- Parent permission deadline (for students under 18): June 25
- Certificate of residence filed on or before: June 25
- Payment of fees due: June 25
- First day of classes: July 5
- Last day of classes: August 12
- Students must meet all eligibility requirements for courses they wish to enroll in.
- Enrollment in course is on a space-available basis.
- Students are responsible for all fees (non-refundable) and any textbooks/supplies.
- Students must have a valid certificate of residence (COR) form for the 2020-2021 academic year or fill out a COR form.
- A parent/guardian must sign-off on registrations for students under the age of 18.
Want to take more than one course? Take additional summer courses and pay half-price on tuition through the Pre-College Enrollment Program (PEP) grant (up to $500 total). Apply for the PEP grant »