Certificate of Residence

Cut your tuition

If you are a New York State resident, you can reduce your tuition by submitting a Certificate of Residence to Jamestown Community College.

For tuition purposes, New York residency means that you have lived in this state as a permanent resident for 12 months prior to the start of the semester. If you have not lived in New York State for 12 consecutive months, contact the Business Office as soon as possible. New York State Education Law 6305 requires the college to have a current certificate of residence on record for your student account every academic year.

Chautauqua & Cattaraugus counties

JCC no longer accepts a paper Certificate of Residence form for Chautauqua County and Cattaraugus County residents.

  1. Complete the online Certificate of Residence form (CHAU & CATT). ​Ensure all fields marked with * are completed - they are required and the form can not be submitted if these are not all filled in.
  2. Sign the form and submit it electronically.
  3. You will receive an email that requires your verification to complete the process. This must be verified or the COR will not be received. Once the verification process is complete, the electronic form will have been submitted.
  4. JCC will then apply it to your student account and your tuition will be adjusted down to the in-state rate. This process may take up to 14 days. Once it has been applied, you will receive an email with your final certificate from Adobe Sign.
  5. You may login to your student Banner account and view your bill to check your tuition rate.