Student services at JCC
- Peer tutoring: Peer tutors offer assistance with writing, math, study skills, and a variety of disciplines, including physical and social sciences; business and accounting; and liberal arts courses. Check for tutor availability for a specific course by stopping by the Learning Center or calling us at 716.338.1017 (Jamestown) or 716.376.7516 (Cattaraugus County Campus). Most tutoring is done one-on-one; however, group sessions can be arranged. The AVX Group Study Room may be reserved for group review sessions and class projects.
- Supplementary materials: The learning center houses many current textbooks, supplementary texts, math and learning strategies videotapes, and reference materials. Handouts on many topics such as time management, text book reading, test taking, note taking, and managing test anxiety are also available.
- Test analyses: Coordinators will review a recent exam with a student, and together, develop learning strategies focused on a particular course and instructor.
- Learning environment: Both centers have been designed with a variety of learning environments including quiet study rooms, study carrels, an open room for tutoring, small tables for group learning, and a conference room.
- Computer lab: A computer lab with Microsoft Office software, internet access, and other course specific software is available for student use. Computer lab assistants are available to answer questions. Review the JCC Acceptable Use Policy.
- Workshops: Both centers offer workshops on various study skills topics during the semester. Contact us for the current semester schedule.
- Accessibility Services: The centers work closely with Accessibility Services to provide accommodations for disability related learning needs. Assistive technology is available, as well as space for accommodated testing.
- Libraries: The JCC libraries can help you with research, citation, and more with their LibGuides. You can also contact the libraries directly.