Study multimedia production at JCC
The Multimedia Production certificate at Jamestown Community College prepares you to enter the workforce after graduation and pursue careers in multimedia design and production. If you are currently employed in multimedia design and production, you can use the program to upgrade and expand your skills.
JCC’s program builds artistic and technical skills vital to the contemporary media design workplace. You’ll study digital photography, computer art, music, digital video production, and writing for electronic media.
2019 median pay for media and communication occupations: $59,230/year according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Where to study at JCC
JCC’s Multimedia certificate prepares you to immediately enter the workforce after graduation.
You’ll take math and social science in addition to art and communication courses to build an interdisciplinary foundation.
If you want to expand your skills, JCC offers related art, media, and communication degrees.
Multimedia production skills
After you complete the program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic competency in college-level quantitative reasoning skills, including arithmetic, algebra, and data analysis.
- Demonstrate competency in college level reading and writing skills.
- Recognize the value of learning as an ongoing process and understand their role in directing that process through individualizing a program of study.
- Effectively locate, gather, organize, interpret, and present data and ideas using the appropriate computer software.
- Demonstrate the ability to use computers and other devices to effectively communicate electronically with others.
- Apply technological skills in addition to those listed above, that are appropriate to the discipline.
ART 1670: Digital Photography I
ART 1730: Introduction to Computer Art & Design
ENG 1510: English Composition I
Mathematics & Sciences Elective
MUS 1730: Music and the Digital Studio
CMM 1710: Digital Video Production
CMM 1750: The Rhetoric of Vision and Sound
CMM 2530: Writing for Electronic media
Program Core Electives
ART 1570: Basic Black/White Photography or
ART 1740: Graphic/Design/Layout/Publish or
ART 1750: Graphic Design Applications or
CMM 1630: Intro to TV Production or
CMM 1700: Intro to Social Media Marketing or
MUS 1710: Intro to Sound Recording or
MUS 2890: Digital/Audio Studio
Social Sciences Elective