Earn an Administrative Professional certificate at JCC
Complete the Administrative Professional certificate at Jamestown Community College, and graduate career-ready for immediate employment in an office position. You can finish the certificate in one year, focusing on specialized skill building for office and administrative technologies.
You can also combine the certificate with a two-year JCC program, growing your employment opportunities. Career opportunities include assistant and secretary roles in administration, customer service, and legal and medical offices.
JCC’s Administrative Professional certificate program is for students who have had no office preparation, and for those who want to enhance their current skills. You can also use the certificate for short-term training and development to support a career change or return to the job market. During your studies, you’ll strengthen your ability to solve problems and study core administrative professional skills.
2019 median pay for office and administrative support occupations: $37,580/year according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Where to study at JCC
JCC’s Administrative Professional certificate prepares you to immediately enter the workforce after graduation.
The Administrative Professional certificate can ladder into the Administrative Professional A.A.S. and other degrees. Your advisor can help you explore your options.
Administrative professional skills
- After you complete the program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer usage and word processing skills.
- Recognize and respond effectively to verbal, nonverbal, and written communications.
- Recognize the importance of ethical behavior in the workplace.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage records.
BUS 1360: Keyboarding/Word Processing
BUS 1410: Accounting Fundamentals
BUS 1500: Introduction to Business
MAT 1500: Problem Solving
ENG 1510: English Composition I
- Discuss employment opportunities.
- Visit the Learning Center.
BUS 1420: Office Procedures
CSC 1560: Computer Applications Software I
ENG 1530: English Composition II
BUS 2320: Word Processing Production or
BUS 2550: Marketing or
BUS 2570: Principles of Management or
BUS 2580: Management & Organizational Behavior or
HIT 1410: Medical Terminology or
HIT 1420: Health Data Procedures
Social Sciences Elective
PSY 1510: General Psychology or
SOC 1510: Introduction to Sociology
- Discuss employment opportunities when selecting electives.
- Apply for graduation.
- Use College Central Network and other resources to begin job search.