Study welding at JCC
With the Welding Technology certificate at Jamestown Community College, you can pursue a specific educational specialization in the field of welding technology. Graduates can seek employment after graduation in roles such as entry-level welder, welding technician, inspector, and sales engineer.
While at JCC, you’ll take coursework and gain hands-on experience in high technology welding and general education. The certificate program provides a strong foundation for students new to welding technology. If you want more experience, the Welding Technology certificate ladders directly into JCC’s Welding Technology degree.
JCC also offers NYSDOT welder certification testing »
2021 median pay for welders, cutters, solderers, and brazers: $47,010/year according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Where to study at JCC
JCC’s Welding Technology certificate prepares you to immediately enter the workforce after graduation with welding specialization.
JCC’s Welding Technology certificate can ladder into the Welding Technology A.A.S. degree.
The MTI provides highly skilled training and industry-standard equipment to prepare for manufacturing careers.
Welding technology skills
After you complete the program, you will be able to:
- Perform AWS code quality welds on plate and pipe in all positions using shielded metal arc welding, gas metal arc welding, and gas tungsten arc welding.
- Visually inspect all fillet welds and groove welds to ensure that they meet code criteria.
- Weld low carbon steel, stainless steel, as well as aluminum using shielded metal arc welding, gas metal arc welding, and gas tungsten arc welding.
ENG 1510: English Composition I
WLD 1200: Safety and Cutting Processes
WLD 1350: Shielded Metal Arc Welding
WLD 1360: Gas Metal Arc Welding
WLD 1370: Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
- A fall start may be necessary to complete the program in one year. Discuss with an advisor.
- MAT 1590 will be required for the A.A.S. degree.
MCT 1240: Engineering Drawing with AutoCAD
WLD 2250: Advanced Shielded Metal Arc Welding
WLD 2260: Advanced Gas Metal Arc Welding
WLD 2270: Advanced Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
Social Sciences Elective
SOC 1510: Introduction to Social Science