Prepare for your career at JCC
The Individual Studies A.A.S. degree at Jamestown Community College prepares you to enter the workforce after graduation and pursue a career based on your interests and career goals.
JCC students choose Individual Studies because they can study specific topics and graduate with a degree. Popular fields include:
- Dental hygiene
- Funeral services administration
- Veterinary technology
In the Individual Studies A.A.S. degree, you may:
- Customize your field of study
- Earn a SUNY accredited degree that demonstrates your knowledge in the workforce
- Take SUNY general education courses, which are guaranteed to transfer to any other SUNY institution
- Work one-on-one with your advisor to plan your degree and career
Where to study at JCC
JCC’s Individual Studies A.A.S. degree prepares you to enter the workforce after graduation.
Radiology uses imaging technology to detect and treat disease, and includes diagnostic and interventional radiology.
Individual studies skills
After you complete the program, you will be able to:
- Recognize the value of learning as an ongoing process and understand your role in directing that process through individualizing a program of study to prepare for the workplace.
Planning your first semester
If you have a field that you want to study with the flexibility of the Individual Studies program, check out our suggested Semester 1 schedules for each career community. The schedules provide a solid foundation for their programs, with the flexibility to apply to other career communities if you later choose a different field of study.
ENG 1510: English Composition I
Choose a mathematics course based on placement
Social Sciences Elective
Natural Sciences Elective
HUM 1550: Life and Career Planning
INT 1555: Inquire
- Plan for the A.A.S. Individual Studies degree should be developed carefully and with the assistance of a counselor or advisor.
- Engage with the Learning Center for academic assistance.
ENG 1530: English Composition II
- Explore job shadowing opportunities.
Choose a course that emphasizes values and ethics
Choose a course that provides an opportunity to apply what you have learned
- Apply for graduation.