Housing on the Jamestown Campus: Hillside Suites

Living on campus lets you experience college in a way that can change your life. You’ll make friends from the area and from around the world. You can walk to your classes and keep a car on campus for when you want to explore. You’ll experience the independence of living on your own, but still have the support of your residence hall directors and student leaders.

Located on the hillside of the Jamestown Campus, the Hillside Suites are apartment-style housing with four or five private, fully furnished bedrooms, living room, kitchen, dining area, and two full bathrooms.

Steps to live on campus

1. Apply for campus housing

Cost and application

The application, license, and housing deposit are for the entire academic year. The cost for a single room is $7,500 for the year, with $3,750 due at the beginning of each semester. Limited double room accommodations are available for $6,700, with $3,350 due at the beginning of each semester. Both rates include a 5 meal/week meal plan.


2. Pay your housing deposit

How to pay

Your housing deposit secures a room for you in Hillside Suites. This deposit will be returned at the end of the year pending any additional charges.

3. Ways to save

Live Where You Learn Scholarship

 If you're a New York state resident, you can save $1,000 on your housing costs when you live on campus at JCC. Find out if you're eligible!

Learn more »

Out-of-State Tuition Grant

If you live outside of New York state, you can now go to JCC for the in-state cost when you live on campus. That is a savings of close to $5,000 a year.

Learn more »

​Meal plan included

Live on campus and we'll give you five meals a week at no extra cost. That's a value of $700 each semester. We'll also throw in $75 J Dollars, which can be used for beverages, snacks, and food items at all campus stores.

4. Check your email

Move In Day information and more

Check your email regularly for important Residence Life information such as policies, room assignments, and events like Move In Day.


360 view iconvideo tour iconphotos icon

Printer-friendly version

Contact Residence Life

Jamestown Campus
(Hamilton Collegiate Center)

800.388.8557 x1188 or 716.338.1188
See answerClose
Do I need to submit my health insurance and immunizations records to apply?

No. You can submit your housing application and/or deposit prior to submitting your health insurance information and immunization records. You can submit a copy of your insurance card to the Faculty Student Association. Immunizations records must be received by the Health Center prior to the start of your first semester.

See answerClose
What if I didn’t get an acceptance letter for the residence halls?

No worries! You don’t need one. After you submit your housing application and $200 security deposit, you will receive an email from the Faculty Student Association with more information regarding the housing process.

See answerClose
What is suite/apartment style living?

JCC offers apartment style living, which features a suite of four to five students, two bathrooms, a kitchen/dining area, and a living room all contained in one apartment.

See answerClose
What is the difference between a single and double room?

A single room houses one student per space, while a double room houses two students in a space.

See answerClose
How are room assignments made?

Housing assignments are made on a first come, first served basis based on the date that the $200 security deposit is made to the Faculty Student Association. The director of Residence Life will then use your suitemate survey results to pair you with suitemates of similar interests.

See answerClose
What staff manages each residence hall?

Each building has a residence director (RD), who is a professional live-in staff member. Each RD then oversees a staff of three resident assistants (RAs) who are student para-professionals. Each RA is assigned to oversee a floor of their residence hall.

See answerClose
What size are the mattresses in the bedrooms?

Mattresses are twin XL (extra long) that measure 36 x 80 inches.

See answerClose
May I bring a microwave, coffee maker, or mini-fridge?

Microwaves and coffee makers are permitted within the kitchen areas, not individual bedrooms. Since each suite has a full size refrigerator, it is not necessary to bring a mini-fridge. If you opt to bring a mini-fridge, it can be kept in your bedroom but must not exceed 4.5 cubic feet. Check out our packing list for more ideas.

See answerClose
What am I allowed to bring for a pet?

Fish are the only acceptable pets allowed in the residence halls and must be in a tank that is less than five gallons. Should you have requests for emotional support animals (ESAs), contact the director of Residence Life and the Office of Accessibility Services.