Welding Technology (Certificate)
This certificate offers students the opportunity to pursue a specific educational concentration in the field of welding technology. Successful students will earn a certificate which includes coursework and hands-on experience in high technology welding as well as general education courses.
This program is an excellent starting point for new students in welding technology and as a foundation for earning the A.A.S. degree in welding technology.
Minimum program credit hours: 32
- Degree Option
- Hegis Code
- Curriculum Code
Chosen course must be at the ENG 1510 level or higher.
|Social Science Electives
|MAT 1220: Applied Mathematics for Technology or MAT 1590: College Algebra/Trigonometry||4|
|Liberal Arts and Science Electives
|CSC 1320: Introduction to Word Processing||1|
|WLD 1200: Safety and Cutting Processes||3|
|WLD 1350: Shielded Metal Arc Welding||3|
|WLD 1360: Gas Metal Arc Welding||3|
|WLD 1370: Gas Tungsten Arc Welding||3|
|WLD 2250: Advanced Shielded Metal Arc Welding||3|
|WLD 2260: Advanced Gas Metal Arc Welding||3|
|WLD 2270: Advanced Gas Tungsten Arc Welding||3|
- CSC 1310-1330 are five-week courses that represent a time commitment of 15 weeks equivalent to a full three-credit hour course.
- MAT 1220 and MAT 1590 have a prerequisite of MAT 0600 or two years of high school algebra/geometry and placement exam.
- With the appropriate mathematical background students may elect to take MAT 1600 and/or MAT 1710.
- To complete the program in two semesters, students must begin in a fall semester at the appropriate levels of math.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Perform AWS code quality welds on plate and pipe in all positions using Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Gas Metal Arc Welding, and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding.
- Visually inspect all fillet welds and groove welds to ensure that they meet code criteria.
- Weld low carbon steel, stainless steel, as well as aluminum using Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Gas Metal Arc Welding, and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding.
Our courses and programs are designed to give you a strong foundation in your area of study. But we know that for many of you, your time at JCC is just the first step in your educational journey. And when it's time for you to take your next step, that strong foundation, coupled with the wide variety of transfer agreements we maintain with several top colleges and universities, will help make your transfer process as smooth as possible. Learn More
It is important when planning your transfer to talk with your advisor about the specifics of each four-year college or university.