Prepare for your career
Career Services at Jamestown Community College can help you prepare for your next career move. Schedule an appointment to receive personalized help with any of these services:
- Resume and cover letter creation, review, and editing
- Interview preparation
- Job searching
- Soft skills assessment and guidance
Handshake: app for internships, jobs, & events
Handshake is a career platform exclusively for college students and alumni. With a Handshake account through JCC, you can:
- Create a profile and upload your resume. If you make your profile visible to employers, recruiters will be able to connect with you.
- Follow and connect with local and national employers.
- Find and apply to local or national jobs or internships across hundreds of career industries. Handshake may also suggest positions based on your profile and self-identified career interests.
- Register for career events hosted by Career Services, including on-campus and virtual career fairs, career development workshops, and more.
- Register for career events hosted by local and national employers, such as open interviews, info sessions, and more.
You can also check out the Handshake blog for tips and tricks to navigate your career journey:
- Discover and research new career pathways.
- Read career advice on important career skills, such as: building a professional network, understanding job descriptions, finding remote work, strengthening interview skills, and navigating internships.
- Learn about top employers and career industries.
- Understand how to leverage Handshake in your job and internship search.
- Awato - learn about your interests, skills, and experiences
- Career Zone - brief assessment of interests and work values
- Guide to Volunteering and Non-Profit Careers
- My Next Move - explore new or growing careers and industries
- Occupational Outlook Handbook