Attend our annual College & Career Night.
Jamestown Community College and the Chautauqua County Counselors Association will host College & Career Night on Tuesday, October 20, from 6-7:30 p.m. in the Physical Education Complex on JCC’s Jamestown Campus. Admission is free. For additional information, call 716.338.1001.
Over 100 college and career professionals are available to speak with interested students, parents, and other community residents during the event.
You will find your conversations with College & Career Night representatives to be more productive if you think about the questions you'd like to ask ahead of time.
For career representatives
- What do you do in your job?
- What are your typical work hours?
- How can I train for this career?
- Is special licensing required?
- What personal qualities are needed?
- What courses would help me prepare for this field?
- What is the salary range?
- What do you like and dislike about your job?
- What is the employment outlook? Locally? Nationally?
- What are some related occupations?
- Will opportunities in this field increase?
For college representatives
- Do you have a specific program in my area of interest?
- What are the annual costs of attending your college or university?
- Could you describe the community in which you are located?
- What are the admission requirements?
- What percentage of students graduating with degrees in my area of interest find related employment?
- What are the special features of your college or university (financial aid, campus activities, athletics, etc.)?
- What is your application deadline?
- Will your school transfer course credits from JCC?