Earth Awareness Club
Jamestown Community College’s Earth Awareness Club promotes an increased understanding and appreciation of the natural world and its creatures, wise environmental stewardship, enhanced knowledge of important environmental issues, compassionate living, and local awareness and action.
Location: SCCE 120
Time: Wednesdays, noon-12:50 p.m., weekly
What We Do
The EAC is a very active club and helps with many efforts on campus, including the food pantry when needed. We conduct fundraisers that educate and promote earth-friendly behaviors, such as the sale of organic, shade-grown, fair-trade, carbon-free coffee, and we donate the proceeds earned through our efforts to environmental organizations chosen each semester by the club members, such as the Sea Turtle Conservancy through whom we adopted a sea turtle named "Claire"! Our outreach is local, national, and international.
- Earthfest celebration of Earth Day (spring)
- Presents for Paws tree (holiday drive for the Chautauqua County Humane Society) (fall)
- Endangered Earth movie series co-sponsor (fall and spring)
- Education outreach and poster contest for fifth graders
- Campus clean-up (fall and spring)
- Arbor Day ceremony and tree plantings (spring)