Certificate of Residence

Cut your tuition

If you are a New York State resident, you can reduce your tuition by submitting a Certificate of Residence to Jamestown Community College.

For tuition purposes, New York residency means that you have lived in this state as a permanent resident for 12 months prior to the start of the semester. If you have not lived in New York State for 12 consecutive months, contact the Business Office as soon as possible. New York State Education Law 6305 requires the college to have a current certificate of residence on record for your student account every academic year.

Fall 2020: Chautauqua & Cattaraugus counties

Chautauqua County and Cattaraugus County residents:

JCC no longer accepts a paper Certificate of Residence form.

  1. Complete the online Certificate of Residence form for Chautauqua and Cattaraugus County. Complete all fields marked with *. They are required, and the form can not be submitted if these are not all completed.
  2. Sign the form and submit it electronically.
  3. You will receive an email that requires your verification to complete the process. This must be verified or the COR will not be received. Once the verification process is complete, the electronic form will have been submitted.
  4. JCC will then apply it to your student account and your tuition will be adjusted down to the in-state rate. This process may take up to 14 days. Once it has been applied, you will receive an email with your final certificate from Adobe Sign.
  5. You may login to your student Banner account and view your bill to check your tuition rate.

Summer sessions I & II

Chautauqua County, Cattaraugus County, and Allegany County residents:

  1. Print our Certificate of Residence form and complete the top portion.
  2. Return the notarized application to the Business Office no more than 60 days before the start of the semester.

Important points:

  • Provide all information requested.
  • You can have your signature notarized at your campus Business Office in person with proof of identification.
  • Legal address should list street, road, or route number. RDs and box numbers are not sufficient.
  • All Chautauqua County residents must provide township of residence.
  • Name of property owner is required by your county treasurer.
  • Students must account for at least one year of residency in New York state. Accounts that do not have this form on file will be assessed non-resident status.
  • New York state law requires students to file a new Certificate of Residence every year.

If you live in a New York state county other than those listed above:

  1. Follow your county treasurer’s instructions for obtaining a Certificate of Residence.
  2. Submit the certified affidavit from your treasurer to JCC's Business Office by email to COR@mail.sunyjcc.edu.
Printer-friendly version

Contact the Business Office

Jamestown Campus
Hamilton Collegiate Center


Cattaraugus County Campus
College Center


North County Center