Important Admission Information
- In order to be admitted into the OTA program, students must have successfully completed high school chemistry, CHE 1500, or CHE 1530 and must be eligible for ENG 1530.
- Students must have online computer access to successfully meet course requirements.
- Students are responsible for meeting the screening requirements for each facility and incurring screening expenses.
- Fingerprinting and criminal background checks must be completed prior to second semester OTA coursework and Level I and Level II fieldwork placement. Not having clearance will jeopardize ability to complete the program.
- Health physicals and Mantoux tests must be updated annually.
- The four semester sequence of OTA courses begins each fall semester.
- OTA courses are offered only on the Jamestown Campus. All other required courses are scheduled so they may be taken at either the Jamestown or Cattaraugus County campuses.
All OTA courses, other than fieldwork, are only offered one time per year and must be taken sequentially starting in the fall. Transfer options are available and require additional coursework.
Important Program Information
- BIO 2510 and BIO 2520: Anatomy and Physiology I and II must be completed with a minimum grade of “C.”
- All students must successfully pass each OTA course with a minimum grade of “C" and a GPA of 2.5 or better to enroll in OTA 2700 and OTA 2720. A student will be permitted to repeat two OTA core courses one time. Should the student be unsuccessful in repeating any OTA course, he/she would be ineligible to continue in the OTA program. Should a student be required to repeat more than two OTA core courses he/she will be ineligible to continue in the OTA program.
- Both course and fieldwork levels I and II experiences require travel. Students must have transportation to participate and successfully meet all course and fieldwork requirements. Special housing may be needed for one or both Level II fieldwork experiences.
- All students will take OTA 1700 either concurrently with OTA 2520 and OTA 1650 or during the summer following completion of OTA 2520 and OTA 1650.
- All OTA students must complete the full-time Level II Fieldwork within 12 months following completion of OTA 2510, 2530, 2550, and 2620.
- CPR certification through the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association (Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers) is required prior to registering for OTA 2700 or OTA 2720.