Library Services for Students
The JCC Libraries' are committed to providing all students, faculty, staff, and community residents with access to the library resources and services they require for their academic and research needs.
Ask Us! Ask your questions via email or chat.
- About the Libraries - Learn more about the JCC Libraries.
- JCC Libraries' LibGuides - LibGuides are subject guides or research guides, pull together many types of resources about a particular subject or for a particular course or assignment. The JCC Libraries' LibGuides contain information about both the libraries' resources (books, databases, media, etc.) and other online resources that are relevant to a particular subject, like Biology, Criminal Justice, English, Psychology, and more.
- JCC Libraries' LibAnswers - Find answers to your questions about the libraries services and resources. Search the existing FAQ collection or ask something new to get answers to the questions you have about using the library, the libraries' collections, library services, and other college services.
- Introduction to Research - Explore The Seven Steps to Research (Cornell University) and learn how to use them. Includes links to JCC’s online catalog, databases, citation guides and recommended Internet sources.
- Library Accessibility Services - Learn about the range of services and tools provided in the libraries for individuals who may require assistance or need specific tools in order to access and use the libraries' resources and services.
- My Library Account - Learn how to login to JCC Libraries’ Primo Search to view items that you’ve checked out, to place a hold on an item, and to view any fines that you may have on your account.
- JCC Library Tutorials and Guides - View the JCC Libraries' collection of tutorials on searching Primo, navigating the JCC Libraries' Web page, and using the libraries' databases, including Credo Reference, EBSCO, and HRAF.
- Interlibrary Loan - Borrow materials not already owned by your campus library from other libraries throughout the world.
- Support for Students at a Distance (Online, NCEC, Warren)
- Writing/Citing Assistance - Find guidance on proper writing techniques as well as citation style guidelines. Each library also has MLA, APA, and Chicago style guides available for in-library use.
- We are a WNYLRC AcademicShare library. Therefore, AcademicSHARE Member libraries agree to allow on-site access and lend materials to any current college student, staff, and/or faculty member from another WNYLRC member academic library. However, at minimum, a verifiable valid college I.D. is required. The library may choose to treat the college I.D. as confirmation the student/faculty member is in good standing. Other proof of identification or status may be required.
- JCC Acceptable Use Policy - Jamestown Community College expects all users of the college’s computers to follow the “Acceptable Use Policy.” This document details what constitutes acceptable use. It also explains what users are not allowed to do while using JCC’s computers and/or network.
- JCC Statement on Copyright/Plagiarism - The Copyright and Plagiarism page explains the possible penalties for using copyrighted materials or for plagiarizing someone else’s work. There are also recommended links for further understanding of these issues.
- Peer-to-Peer File Sharing - Jamestown Community College expects all members of the College community to adhere to the provisions of the United States Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code, § 101 et seq.). Copyright protection applies to a variety of works—including, but not limited to—printed materials, sound recordings, video recordings, and visual artworks. Copying, distributing, uploading, and downloading copyrighted materials, including music, videos, and games, for which you do not have the copyright holder’s permission is a violation of federal law in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
- Wireless Network Procedure - Jamestown Community College expects all users of the college’s wireless network to follow the “Wireless Network Policy.” The policy contains information on how the wireless network is to be used. It also explains what users are not allowed to do while using the college’s wireless network.
- MyJCC - Access your college email (powered by Google) and find important information about campus events, advisement, registration, graduation, financial aid, etc.
- Academic Support Services - Learn how and where JCC students can receive academic support for reading, writing, and study skills, and one-on-one tutoring.