Library Services for JCC Faculty & Staff
The JCC Libraries' are committed to providing all students, faculty, staff, and community residents with access to the library resources and services they require for their academic, professional, and research needs.
Ask Us! Ask your questions via email or chat.
- Faculty Orientation - Learn about the library resources and services and how you can partner with the JCC librarians to improve our collections and to provide research instruction to meet your students’ needs.
- Library Instruction - Schedule a library instruction session. The reference librarians will customize a library instruction session to meet the needs of your students, with an emphasis on library resources in your specific discipline.
- Please schedule your class(es) at least 2 weeks prior to the date(s) on which you wish to bring your students to the library.
- When you schedule your class(es), be prepared to provide your assignment and/or information regarding what students will be researching so that we can customize the class to include your specific needs.
- Please inform your class(es) in advance of the upcoming visit(s) to the library and the assignment connected to that visit. For in-person sessions, have your class(es) meet you in the library's classroom to make maximum use of time.
- Instructors must be present during all library instruction sessions. Having you present adds to the session by:
- emphasizing the importance of the instruction;
- allowing you to contribute in ways that can encourage interaction and questions about the application of library resources, both in general and to your particular assignment; and
- providing you with information about new resources of which you may not be aware.
- What is a LibGuide?- View information about LibGuides and how they can be useful to you and your students. Learn how to create one with the help of a video tutorial and sample guides.
- Library Accessibility Services - Learn more about the range of services and tools provided in the libraries for individuals who may require assistance or need specific tools in order to access and use the libraries' resources and services.
- Gifts & Donations - Learn how you can support the JCC Libraries through gifts and donations. A list of criteria for donated materials is included.
- My Library Account - Learn how to login to JCC Libraries’ Primo Search to view items that you’ve checked out, to place a hold on an item, and to view any fines that you may have on your account.
- Interlibrary Loan - Borrow materials not already owned by your campus library from other libraries throughout the world.
- Streaming Media LibGuide - Find out how to request, access and use the JCC Libraries' streaming media collections.
- We are a WNYLRC AcademicShare library. Therefore, AcademicSHARE Member libraries agree to allow on-site access and lend materials to any current college student, staff, and/or faculty member from another WNYLRC member academic library. However, at minimum, a verifiable valid college I.D. is required. The library may choose to treat the college I.D. as confirmation the student/faculty member is in good standing. Other proof of identification or status may be required.
- MyJCC - Connect to the JCC student portal, where students can check their college email (powered by Google) and receive important information about campus events, advisement, registration, graduation, financial aid, etc.
- Academic Support Services - Learn how and where JCC students can receive academic support for reading, writing, and study skills, and one-on-one tutoring.