Log into your MyJCC student account
As a student at Jamestown Community College, you'll use your MyJCC account for many college resources, including Brightspace, Degree Works, JCC gmail, library databases, LinkedIn Learning, Starfish, and wifi on campus.
Your Banner account is separate from MyJCC, where you can access your schedule, grades, and financial aid; add and drop classes; and update your contact information. Learn more about Banner »
Steps to access MyJCC
- Go to sunyjcc.edu/myjcc
- Select the account you want to log into
- Enter your username (i.e. smithab01)
- Enter your password
- New students: Your initial password is your birth date in MMDDYY format (ex. 012490).
- Current students: If you forgot your password, select the Forgot Password? link. To change your password, select Change your MyJCC password and follow the prompts.
- Brightspace: Some of your instructors use Brightspace to share course materials and communicate with you.
- Degree Works: Degree Works lets you track your degree progress by showing you which courses you have completed and which courses you still need to take for graduation. You can also view how your courses would fit into another program if you decide to change your major.
- JCC gmail: Every student has a JCC gmail account. This is the official way JCC communicates with you, so be sure to check it regularly.
- Library databases: Research with JCC’s library catalogs and collections of print and online publications.
- LinkedIn Learning: Learn a new skill through LinkedIn Learning’s video tutorials.
- Microsoft software at portal.office.com: JCC provides Microsoft Office to every student free of charge for offline and online use.
- Starfish: Starfish helps you find instructor office hours, schedule advisement appointments, and connect with student services.
- Wifi on campus: Enter a web address in your browser and you will be redirected to the JCC wireless login page.
- Jamestown Campus: JCC-JMST
- Cattaraugus County Campus: JCC-CATT
JCC's Microsoft multi-factor authentication (MFA) system is used to log in to many of JCC’s information technology systems, such as Brightspace and Degree Works. You can use the Microsoft Authenticator on your smartphone, text message verification, or phone call verification.
Microsoft Authenticator installation:
- Download and install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your smartphone from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Open the app and select either Decline or Agree on the "Microsoft needs basic app data" screen
- Select Add work or school account
- Enter your JCC email address (if you have one with @mail.sunyjcc.edu, use it) and select Next
- Enter your JCC password and select Sign in
- Select I can’t use my Microsoft Authenticator app right now
- Select Text +X XXXXXXXXX - six-digit code will be sent to your phone via a text message
- Enter the code that was texted to your phone and select Verify
- Select Finish
Using multi-factor authentication:
- From time to time, when you log in to a JCC information system from any device, you will be prompted to approve your sign-in request through your Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Select the push notification and select Approve.
- You will be authenticated, and your login will be completed.