Life at JCC
You'll find a variety of resources and services at Jamestown Community College to help you succeed in college life.
JCC provides priority registration to veterans, active duty military, and reservists. As a veteran, active duty military, or reservist, your fall and spring semester registration will take place one week prior to traditional students.
Submit your DD214 member-4 copy to your school certifying official today take advantage of JCC’s priority registration.
JCC's veterans' clubs on each campus provide a friendly and engaging environment to interact with your peers who may share many of the same struggles, excitement, concerns, and interests. We aim to assist in the transition from soldier to civilian and student by providing support, resources, activities, and camaraderie for our returning military men and women and their family members and significant others.
- Jamestown Campus: Military and Veterans Club United (official chapter of the Student Veterans of America)
- Advisor: Don Pool
- Cattaraugus County Campus: Club Valor (official chapter of the Student Veterans of America)
In recognition of military service, all graduating veterans and service members receive a red, white, and blue honor cord to wear at their commencement ceremony. Cords are free of charge and can be picked up in the month preceding commencement from Melissa Stormer (Jamestown Campus, North County Center) or Sharon Hodgdon (Cattaraugus County Campus).
Jamestown Community College offers qualifying veterans who live outside of New York state the in-state tuition rate.
You may be eligible to receive credit for physical education. Submit a copy of your DD-214 Member 4 to the campus you plan on attending.
- Jamestown Campus/North County Center: Jamestown Community College Office of Admissions, 525 Falconer Street, Jamestown, NY 14701
- Cattaraugus County Campus: Jamestown Community College Office of Admissions, 260 North Union Street, Olean, NY 14760
- Peer2Peer program: service designed to help incoming students transition successfully into college life
- Accessibility Services: can assist veterans whose injuries present challenges to academic success
- The office regularly works with veterans with PTSD, TBIs, mobility, orthopedic, and sensory impairments to help achieve success in the classroom and in testing situations
- Accessibility Services also offers a variety of assistive technology, software, and equipment
The veterans’ lounges provide study and recreation space for our military students, as well as an opportunity to meet and socialize with other veterans and service members. You can access veteran-specific materials relating to campus resources, education benefits, scholarships, VA benefits, community-based veterans organizations, and upcoming campus and community veterans events.
Additional resources & services
- Complete career assessments, build your resume, translate military skills, and search and apply for jobs with VA for Vets
- Department of Labor Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS) program
- Department of Labor VETS Transition Assistance Program (TAP)
- Research careers, apply for benefits, view your status, access your documents, and more through the VA eBenefits
- Veterans' guide to getting hired
- Apply for educational benefits through vets.gov
- College guide for military and veterans
- Find additional information on education as a military SUNY student
- No-cost online tutoring
- Online schools for military
- Research continuing education resources as a veteran with Accredited Online Colleges
- Research educational benefits and compare programs under the GI Bill through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Research educational institutions in relation to Tuition Assistant benefits through the Department of Defense's Tuition Assistant (TA) DECIDE
- Research higher education resources as a veteran with Accredited Schools Online
- Research master's degrees
- Research New York militia education benefits
- Submit your monthly verification through the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE)
- Financial aid guide by Best Colleges
- Financial aid guide by Money Geek
- Learn more about tuition assistance benefits with GoArmyEd
- Paying for graduate school
- Research ways to pay for college as a veteran with Affordable Colleges Online
- Stay current on the post 9/11 GI Bill with Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA)
- Call (1.800.273.8255, press 1), text (838255), or chat online with Veterans Crisis Line
- Airborne hazards and open burn pit registry
- Apply for VA health benefits
- Blue Star Mothers - Lake Erie
- Directory of environmental health coordinators
- Find a Vet Center with the VA Vet Center Program
- Learn more about local veteran services in Chautauqua County
- Learn more about veteran services in New York through the New York State Division of Veterans' Affairs
- Locate military service records through the National Archives
- Mesothelioma guide
- PFC Dwyer program
- Stay current on military news, careers, fellow veterans, and more with Military.com
- Tax guide for military members and veterans
- Travel guide