The Learning Centers can arrange classroom presentations on selected student success topics as requested by the instructor. Common topics include learning center services, student success, time management, course-specific study skills, and note taking.
We are available to discuss strategies that will help students effectively learn your course content. Feel free to talk with us about expectations for your students. One of the tutorial roles is to "translate for instructors." The better we understand your expectations and assignments, the more we will be able to assist your students.
Administration of exams for students requiring disability-related accommodations is provided in both locations, as well as individual make-up testing for faculty who are unable to make other arrangements with students.
If your student needs to take an exam at the Learning Center on either the Jamestown or Cattaraugus County Campus, review the Testing Guidelines for Faculty and use the following test request forms:
- Jamestown Test Request Form (questions: 716.338.1253)
- Cattaraugus Test Request Form (questions: 716.376.7539)
- North County Center: Instructors should call Tracey Spinuzza at 716.363.6527.
How faculty can help us help our students
- Refer students who are in need of academic assistance.
- Recommend students for tutoring positions.
- Place materials on reserve with us that will help students be successful in your class (ex. study guides, previous tests, sample papers).
- Schedule some of your office hours in the Learning Commons.
- Let us know if there are new services we may provide to help your students be successful.