Learning Center faculty services at JCC
In-class presentations on The Learning Center services and/or study skills topics are available on request. Contact Janelle Grey, x1252, or Beth Lisi, x7545.
Review sessions on selected topics as requested by the instructor can be arranged.
Administration of exams for students requiring disability related accommodations is provided in both locations, as well as individual make-up testing for faculty who are unable to make other arrangements with students.
Jamestown Campus: If your student needs to take an exam at The Learning Center on the Jamestown Campus, please review the Testing Guidelines for Faculty and use the Test Request Form. If you have any questions or need to add additional information, please call 716.338.1017.
Cattaraugus County Campus: If we are administering an exam for you, please:
- Put your name and your student’s name on the test
- Include information about time limits, use of outside materials, and any other test conditions
- Drop the test off at the front desk of The Learning Center
- Let us know if you want the test returned to your mailbox
We are available to discuss strategies that will help students effectively learn your course content. Feel free to talk with us about expectations for your students. One of the tutorial roles is to “translate for instructors.” The better we understand your expectations and assignments, the more we will be able to assist your students.
How faculty can help us
- Refer students who are in need of academic assistance.
- Place on reserve in The Learning Center materials that will help students be successful in your class. (i.e. study guides, previous tests, sample papers)
- Obtain current textbooks for The Learning Center.
- Recommend students for tutoring positions.
- Schedule some of your office hours in The Learning Center.
- When you tutor students in your office, complete the Faculty Tutorial Log Sheet and return it to The Learning Center.
- Let us know if there are new services we may provide to help your students be successful.