Learn about Brightspace
D2L Brightspace is the learning management system for Jamestown Community College’s courses. If you have questions about Brightspace, you’ve come to the right place for help! Find links to attend a training, get live help via Zoom, and watch videos that will help you use Brightspace.
Log into Brightspace
- Go to sunyjcc.edu/myjcc
- Select Brightspace
- Type in your JCC student email address as your username (example: email@example.com)
- Type in the password for your JCC email account | Forgot your password?
- You will need to set up multi-factor authentication:
- Set up an authenticator app as a verification method (Microsoft Support)
- Set up a mobile device as a verification method (Microsoft Support)
- Set up a landline as a verification method (Microsoft Support) (you will only be able to access Brightspace when you are near that phone)
JCC's Microsoft multi-factor authentication (MFA) system is used to log in to many of JCC’s information technology systems, such as Brightspace and Degree Works. You can use the Microsoft Authenticator on your smartphone, text message verification, or phone call verification.
Microsoft Authenticator installation:
- Download and install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your smartphone from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Open the app and select either Decline or Agree on the "Microsoft needs basic app data" screen
- Select Add work or school account
- Enter your JCC email address (if you have one with @mail.sunyjcc.edu, use it) and select Next
- Enter your JCC password and select Sign in
- Select I can’t use my Microsoft Authenticator app right now
- Select Text +X XXXXXXXXX - six-digit code will be sent to your phone via a text message
- Enter the code that was texted to your phone and select Verify
- Select Finish
Using multi-factor authentication:
- From time to time, when you log in to a JCC information system from any device, you will be prompted to approve your sign-in request through your Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Select the push notification and select Approve.
- You will be authenticated, and your login will be completed.
SUNY Help Desk
For help with Brightspace problems and course navigation, contact the SUNY Online Support Services Help Desk:
- 844.673.6786 (toll-free within the United States)
- 518.320.1300 (direct)
- Press option 1 to reach the Help Desk
Help Desk hours:
- Monday-Friday: 7 a.m.-midnight
- Saturday: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
Live training & support
- Check out the schedule for drop-in assistance via Zoom.
- Check out the schedule for in-person technical assistance.
- Make an appointment with a Learning Center coordinator or tutor.
- Stop by the Learning Commons on the Jamestown Campus (HULT first floor) or Cattaraugus County Campus (LLAC first floor).
Check out the video tutorials on Brightspace’s YouTube channel:
- Learn your way around: Learn how to navigate to the most commonly used functions of Brightspace including course materials, communication, grades, and personal preferences.
- Find your course materials: Learn about course content within modules and check your progress toward completion. View materials, quizzes (take a quiz), and discussions.
- Keep on top of assignments: View each course’s calendar to check assignment due dates, or use the master view to see all of your assignments in one place. Personalize your notifications by choosing their content, frequency, and delivery method. You can also submit an assignment.
- Check your grades: Access your grades and feedback on assignments, quizzes, and tests as soon as they’re posted. You’ll find your grades on each course homepage.
- Communicate and connect: Look at your class lists, send and receive emails and instant messages.
- Download the app: You can use the Brightspace Pulse app to view announcements, deadlines, and grades.