Degree Works

Degree Works & academic completion

With Degree Works, you can keep track of your past and present coursework, and see requirements to complete your program. Degree Works helps you and your advisor plan your journey to graduation.

  • For issues with access to the Degree Works service, contact the JCC Help Desk at 716.338.1122.
  • For questions about your audit, course selection, registration advisement, or curriculum questions, contact your advisor or the Counseling and Career Center. You can also visit the Advisement office.

Degree Works Worksheet

Learn more about Degree Works and how to use the program to make the most of your time here at JCC.

Degree Works What If Feature

See how changes in your program of study could impact your degree completion.

Degree Works Term Calculator

Use your courses, credits, and anticipated grades to calculate your anticipated GPA.

Degree Works Graduation Calculator

Use your current GPA, credits remaining to attain your degree, and credits required for your degree to reach your desired GPA for graduation.

Degree Works Advice Calculator

Learn how to use Degree Works to determine the number of credits you would need to earn at a certain grade point average in order to earn your desired final GPA.

What is an audit?

A Degree Works audit is a review of past and current coursework that provides information on completed and outstanding requirements necessary to complete a degree/major/concentration.

Who has the ability to access Degree Works?

Currently, Degree Works is available to all degree-seeking students. Advisors, faculty, and selected staff also have access for the purpose of supporting students’ progress through their academic career.

How current will my information be in Degree Works?

The information in Degree Works is refreshed nightly. Any changes made today (e.g., grade changes or classes added/dropped) will be seen in Degree Works tomorrow.

Can I register for classes in Degree Works?

No. Degree Works is a snapshot of courses in progress and in academic history. Registration will continue to be handled through your academic advisor.

Can I see how many classes I have left to fulfill my requirements?

Yes. Degree Works is laid out in block format displaying degree, major, and concentration requirements information. Look for unchecked boxes to identify requirements that you still need to complete.

Why can’t I see my information in Degree Works?

You must be a current degree seeking student. If you have been a student in the past, you need to complete a readmit form and indicate you are seeking a degree. Please apply for admission or, if you have already been accepted, contact the Registrar’s Office.

Are my grades visible in Degree Works?

Yes. Once grades have been processed at the end of the semester, they are viewable in Degree Works following the nightly refresh. Though mid-term grades are viewable via your self-service student account once posted by an instructor, final grades are not available in Degree Works until after the final grading period for the College has ended.

What do I do if I believe my academic information is incorrect?

You should consult your advisor for a review of your audit. Any exception to major or concentration requirements should be discussed with your advisor or academic department assistant.

Why isn’t my information up to date?

Degree Works may not have refreshed since a change was made (the information is refreshed nightly).

How can I update information?

You cannot update course information in Degree Works. To change your major/concentration, complete a Change of Major form.

If I have additional questions about Degree Works, whom do I contact?

Please contact your advisor with additional questions.

How do I use the audit?

Your audit will display the courses you've taken or are registered for, and will show you any degree, major, or concentration requirements that are being met by the courses you've taken or that may be met upon satisfactory completion of courses in progress.

Will I be able to view my entire course history?

Degree Works uses the information that is on your current academic transcript. You will be able to view any courses that have been completed/registered for/transferred by the date your audit was last refreshed. (Data is refreshed nightly.) Keep in mind that any transfer work or grade changes that have not been formally submitted and accepted will not appear on your audit.

If I think my audit is incorrect, whom do I contact?

Your advisor is your primary point of contact. If your academic advisor determines that your audit is incorrect, they will contact the Office of the Registrar for assistance.

How do I know which classes I need to take?

Your audit will outline for you courses still needed to meet degree, major, and/or concentration requirements within each specific block. You may then use this information to discuss your plan with your academic advisor.

Why isn’t there a check mark next to a requirement I’ve already completed?

Your advisor is your primary point of contact. If your advisor determines that your audit is incorrect, they will contact the Office of the Registrar for assistance.

Why isn’t my transfer work meeting a requirement?

The course did not meet the minimum number of credits and/or minimum grade requirement for use in your program of study, or all requirements have been met and this course is simply not needed.

If all of the boxes are checked, does that mean I’m graduating?

Not necessarily. If you have applied to graduate, the Registrar will perform an audit of your coursework. A final audit will be conducted after all final grades have been submitted to determine if you are eligible to graduate. Missing requirements will be communicated to you by the Office of the Registrar.

What is the What If feature?

The What If function allows you to hypothetically change your major or concentration. The What If audit will show you what coursework is required for the new major or concentration, which courses you have taken that satisfy requirements, and which courses are still left for you to take.

If I use the What If feature, does this mean that I have changed my major?

No. The What If function is for informational purposes only. You will see the header What If Audit displayed at the top of the audit whenever an audit is run on a What If scenario.

I’m thinking of changing my major/concentration. Will I be able to see how my current classes fit into my What If major/concentration?

Yes. The What If function will perform an audit based on the hypothetical major/concentration and will show how your completed, current, and planned coursework meets the requirements of the hypothetical major/concentration.

If I like what I see in a What If scenario, how do I initiate the changes?

Always speak with your advisor first. After consulting with your advisor, you may change your academic program using the Change of Major form.