Get ready for your semester
Prepare for advisement
- Review your academic progress by viewing your six-week grades in Banner and your Degree Works audit.
- Review your academic plan. If your advisor entered a plan in Degree Works, log in and select the Plans tab. Click on your plan and select calendar from the View dropdown menu in the top right corner.
- Find your classes in the credit course schedule. You can view the semester schedule as a PDF on the Credit Course Schedules page, or by selecting Course Schedule Search in Banner.
- Write down the times, days, and CRNs (course reference numbers) for each class so that they do not overlap. Your advisor will expect you to come prepared. Keep in mind that “TR” in the schedule means Tuesdays AND Thursdays.
- Keep your transfer plans in mind as you draft your schedule. Information on transfer planning can be found on the Transfer From JCC page.
- Schedule an appointment with your advisor in Starfish, or contact your Counseling and Career Center for assistance.