Student Ambassadors at JCC
The Student Ambassador Program is sponsored by the recruitment department of Jamestown Community College. Exemplary students are chosen to represent the college to prospective students of all ages. This opportunity provides ambassadors with valuable experience, leadership skills, and networking connections.
Time commitment asked of ambassadors is generally two or three hours a week, but can be more or less depending on your availability to work. To apply for this position, please complete the ambassador application.
Following your submission, a staff member from recruitment will contact you for an interview.
Role of a Student Ambassador
- Act as a representative of JCC both on- and off-campus
- Lead campus tours for prospective students and their families
- Assist at Explore JCC open houses, group visits, and other special events
- Talk with prospective students in person and via telephone, e-mail, and social media
- Other projects related to marketing and recruitment as needed
Requirements of a Student Ambassador
- Must maintain a professional attitude and demeanor at all times
- A clean and neat appearance that follows the dress code of the ambassador program
- Regular attendance at training sessions and meetings
- Positive attitude and willingness to help
- Be available for two open house dates in the fall and one open house date in the spring
Additional Roles for Student Ambassadors
- Assist with organized volunteer efforts on- and off-campus
- Participate in activities outside of work (meeting foreign exchange students, student focus groups, etc.)
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us. Questions about the ambassador program on your campus can be directed to...