If you are a New York state resident, you can reduce your tuition up to $2000+ by submitting a Certificate of Residence to the JCC Business Office. This form must be submitted once per academic year.
Please follow the directions carefully for completing JCC's Certificate of Residence application.
If you live in Chautauqua County, Cattaraugus County, Allegany County, or Erie County:
You may print the Certificate of Residence form by clicking on this link. Complete the top portion of the form and return your original notarized application to:
Jamestown Community College
P.O. Box 20
Jamestown, NY 14702-0020
The college will have your application certified by mail through the business office.
- Provide all information requested. Form must be signed, notarized, and submitted to the JCC business office.
- Legal address should list street, road, or route number. RDs and box numbers are not sufficient.
- All Chautauqua County residents must provide township of residence.
- Name of property owner is required by your county treasurer.
- Students must account for at least one year of residency in New York state. Accounts that do not have this form on file will be assessed non-resident status.
- New York state law requires students to file a new certificate of residency every year.
Please complete this form no earlier than 60 days prior to the start of the semester. You can have your signature notarized at your campus business office in person with proof of identification.
If you live in a NYS county other than those listed above:
Please click on the link below for your County Treasurer and follow their instructions for obtaining a Certificate of Residence. Submit the certified affidavit from your treasurer to the JCC business office. (Note: Not all counties provide online residency information. If your county does not provide this information on their website please call your Treasurer's office directly.)
For tuition purposes, New York residency means that you have lived in this state as a permanent resident for 12 months prior to the start of the semester. If you have not lived in New York state for 12 consecutive months, contact the business office as soon as possible. New York State Education Law 6305 requires the college to have a current certificate of residence on record for your student account every academic year.
Thank you for your cooperation in completing this proof of residency requirement. This form is needed for the college to receive support from your community. Please contact the college business office if you have questions.
Cattaraugus County Campus: 716.376.7504
Jamestown Campus: 716.338.1003
North County Center: 716.363.6500