Advanced Manufacturing Training Opportunity
Do you or someone you know meet the eligibility requirements to participate in this Advanced Manufacturing Machinist training opportunity?
If you are a NYS resident for at least one year, in possession of your high school diploma or GED, and are long-term unemployed (20 weeks or more - need not be consecutive), you may be eligible for JCC’s program at no cost to you! (Original cost: $5,250)
This program covers all classroom tuition and materials costs, and focuses on the knowledge and hands-on training for employment as an entry level machinist.
- 33 weeks of hands-on training, April 22-December 15, 2015, which is immediately applicable for an entry level machinist
- Training includes: Drafting, Machinist Math, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances, Computer Numerical Controls, and Machining Courses I & II
- An opportunity to earn up to 19 JCC college credits
- An opportunity to earn up to 55 hours of non-credit training coursework, which includes: OSHA 10 Hour Safety Certification, 15 hours of LEAN training, and 30 hours of Manufacturing Math Skills, all through JCC’s Center for Continuing Education
- Local manufacturer support, including tours of their facilities and their agreement to interview participants upon successful program completion
This training opportunity is brought to you by JCC in partnership with CABOCES, your local One Stop, and the Cattaraugus-Allegany Workforce Investment Board (WIB).
Learn more about this program, eligibility, and timeline by calling 716.376.7506.