Complete your college education at JCC & SUNY Fredonia
Destination to a Dream (D2D) is a partnership between Jamestown Community College and SUNY Fredonia. The D2D program gives you a seamless transition from JCC to Fredonia, while offering the student life experience at both campuses.
The D2D program is under review for 2021-22 academic year.
Students not eligible academically to attend Fredonia can complete courses at JCC and achieve a GPA necessary to continue their education at Fredonia. Successful students will earn an associate’s degree from JCC and a bachelor’s degree from Fredonia.
- Fredonia’s admissions office identifies applicants eligible for the D2D program.
- You will jointly be admitted to JCC and Fredonia.
- You will attend classes at JCC’s North County Center in Dunkirk the first two years. In some cases, you may have to attend classes at the Jamestown Campus.
- You must maintain continuous, full-time enrollment for two years at JCC.
- You will be advised by JCC academic advisors to determine your courses. Students move seamlessly from JCC to Fredonia at the end of two years.
- You cannot register for courses at Fredonia until coursework is completed at JCC.
- To continue at Fredonia, you must reach the required GPA for your major:
- 3.0 for education and communications disorders
- 2.75 for communications
- 2.5 for social work
- 2.0 for other majors
D2D students have two communities to explore and connect with!
- You will be immersed in student life at Fredonia and JCC.
- You will live in a residence hall at either Fredonia or JCC’s Jamestown Campus. Students majoring in arts and STEM programs may be required to reside on the JCC Jamestown Campus.
- You can enjoy dining and athletic facilities at both Fredonia and JCC’s Jamestown Campus.
- You are welcome to join Fredonia's and JCC's student clubs and organizations.