Complete your college education at JCC & SUNY Fredonia
Destination to a Dream (D2D) is a partnership between Jamestown Community College and SUNY Fredonia. The program is designed to give you a seamless transition from JCC to Fredonia, while offering the experience of integrated student life on the Fredonia campus.
The program allows all students to be part of the Fredonia experience, regardless of academic background. Students not eligible academically to attend Fredonia can complete courses at JCC and achieve a GPA necessary to continue their education at Fredonia. Successful students will earn an associate’s degree from JCC and a bachelor’s degree from Fredonia.
- Fredonia’s admissions office identifies applicants eligible for the D2D program.
- You will jointly be admitted to JCC and Fredonia.
- You will attend classes at JCC’s North County Center in Dunkirk the first two years. In some cases, you may have to attend classes at the Jamestown Campus.
- You must maintain continuous, full-time enrollment for two years at JCC.
- You will be advised by JCC academic advisors to determine your courses. Students move seamlessly from JCC to Fredonia at the end of two years.
- You cannot register for courses at Fredonia until coursework is completed at JCC.
- To continue at Fredonia, you must reach the required GPA for your major:
- 3.0 for education and communications disorders
- 2.75 for communications
- 2.5 for social work
- 2.0 for other majors
D2D students have two communities to explore and connect with!
- You will be immersed in student life at Fredonia and JCC.
- You will live in a residence hall at either Fredonia or JCC’s Jamestown Campus. Students majoring in arts and STEM programs may be required to reside on the JCC Jamestown Campus.
- You can enjoy dining and athletic facilities at both Fredonia and JCC’s Jamestown Campus.
- You are welcome to join Fredonia's and JCC's student clubs and organizations.