Parking at JCC
The following regulations are in effect when parking at any of Jamestown Community College's locations. Students, faculty, and staff may not park in the visitors’ spaces. The campus speed limit is 15 mph. Speeding, reckless driving, or other moving violations are grounds for disciplinary action, as are the list of ticketed violations.
Temporary handicapped parking permits are available through the Accessibility Services office. Please provide documentation of temporary impairment and license plate number of vehicle.
Residence Life parking
All JCC residential students are required to register their vehicle(s) each academic year. Should a resident acquire a new/different car during the current academic year, a new registration form should be submitted. Vehicle registrations are being done in an effort to provide better monitoring of our campus parking spaces and to assure compliance with parking regulations (ex. parking in handicap spaces without proper tagging, blocking fire lanes, not abiding by winter parking regulations).
There is no charge for the vehicle registration and you may complete more than one registration if you drive multiple vehicles.
You can also review our winter weather parking procedures.
Students, faculty, and staff will be ticketed if they are parked in the following areas or for the following reasons:
- Fire and emergency lanes
- Loading zones and service entrances
- Visitor parking areas
- Timed parking areas after exceeding the time limit
- In two or more parking spaces
- On campus lawns
- Outside of designated parking lanes
- Handicapped parking areas, unless the vehicle is properly labeled with a valid disabled parking permit, appropriate license plate, or is identified with a JCC temporary handicapped parking permit.
- Parking in a manner that obstructs other vehicles from a way out of a parking space or area, provided that the first vehicle is legally parked
- All other areas marked no parking
- Failure to obey verbal parking instructions from college personnel
Unauthorized parking in a handicapped parking area, blocking a fire hydrant, or fire lane will result in a $25 fine for the first violation, and a $50 fine for the second. Vehicles parked in fire lanes or handicapped spaces may be towed without warning at the owner’s expense.
All other violations: $10 first violation, $15 second violation, $20 for each violation beyond three during each semester.
Note: violations are cumulative and do not have to be of the same nature. Failure to pay a fine within five (5) calendar days after the issuance of the ticket will result in the accrual of late charges.
If a student fails to pay parking fines, they will be placed on financial hold, which will prevent the issuing of grades and transcripts to that student as well as prohibiting them from registering for additional classes. If a faculty or staff member fails to pay parking fines, disciplinary action may be taken in keeping with each contract. Tickets are issued to staff, faculty, administration, and students in violation of a parking regulation.
If you receive a ticket and wish to appeal you have 72 hours from the point you received a ticket to complete the appropriate appeal form and return it to the business office.
- Jamestown Campus appeal procedure
- Jamestown Campus appeal form
- Cattaraugus County Campus appeal procedure
- Cattaraugus County Campus appeal form