We are monitoring the situation closely
Jamestown Community College is monitoring the outbreak of respiratory illness caused by COVID-19 coronavirus, or 2019-nCoV. JCC is in close contact with, and relies on, county and state departments of health and state and national agencies for assistance and guidance.
- Cattaraugus County - Coronavirus
- Chautauqua County - Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- United Way resources
New York State information
- NYS Novel Coronavirus
- NYS Regional Metrics Dashboard
- NYS Early Warning Monitoring Dashboard
- NYS Department of Health COVID-19 Tracker
- NYS COVID-19 Travel Advisory
- NYS Reopening Higher Education Guidelines
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that patients with confirmed 2019-nCoV infection have reportedly had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of:
- Fever of 100.4 degrees or higher
- Shortness of breath
Should you begin to experience any of these symptoms and have traveled outside the U.S. in the last four weeks, immediately contact JCC’s campus health center for initial assessment and care at 716.338.1013 or 716.338.1077.
- Your physician
- Chautauqua County Department of Health & Human Services | 716.661.8227
- Cattaraugus County Department of Health & Human Services | 716.373.8050
- NYS Bureau of Communicable Disease Control | 518.473.4439 or 866.881.2809
- Wash your hands. JCC adheres to strict cleaning protocols to reduce the risk of infection from surfaces that are touched frequently by individuals. Do your part by washing your hands regularly.
What you need to know about handwashing - CDC video
Fight germs. Wash your hands! - CDC video
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid sharing cups, utensils, water bottles, and other personal items.
- Stay home when sick and avoid others who are sick.