Transfer School: 
Transfer Program: 
Professional Piloting
JCC Program: 
Earn Your Professional Piloting Degree
Students can pursue an exciting career as a professional pilot at Jamestown Community College (JCC) while living at home through an articulation agreement with Genesee Community College (GCC) and an agreement with Rochester Air Center (RAC), a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approved Part 141 flight school.

Students will apply for admission to JCC, the degree granting institution and the institution of record for all financial aid considerations.  Students can take all of their liberal arts courses at GCC and do all of the flight training at the Rochester Air Center.  The remaining four required aviation courses are currently being offered live at GCC by JCC.  JCC will administer financial aid for the combined simultaneous enrollments currently allowed by federal and state financial aid programs.  Therefore, students taking a combined total of 12 or more required credit hours at two or more colleges, with at least three credits at JCC, will be considered full-time for the purposes of financial aid.

Students may matriculate courses from GCC or other colleges.  Students who already possess FAA certificates or ratings may receive equivalent course credit through the Life Experience Credit program.

Upon completion of the degree, students will:
·         have their private and commercial pilot licenses, and instrument rating.
·         will have accumulated between 220 and 250 hours of flight time.
·         have earned either the Certified Flight Instructor–Airplane rating, which allows them to work immediately while they accrue hours needed to advance in the field, or have earned the multi-engine rating which may afford them specific employment opportunities and the chance to build multi-engine time.
·         have the option of earning the rating not earned in the previous bullet, and the Certified Flight Instructor–Instrument rating. Earning these ratings will involve additional flight training expenses.
·         have a two-year degree in which at least half, and potentially all, of the courses will transfer to four-year degree programs. Students are encouraged to continue to pursue a four-year degree.