Applying for admission to JCC and educational benefits

1. Apply for your veterans' educational entitlements through the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) by visiting VONAPP. All transfer students are required to submit a Request for Change of Place of Training (VA Form 22-1995) and provide a signed copy to your school certifying official.

2. Apply for admission to JCC.

3. Visit your school certifying official and provide the following:

  • A copy of your DD-214 Member 4 (if you do not have your DD-214 member 4, you may obtain it through: Veteran Records Archives)
  • A copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (you will receive this from the Buffalo Regional VA Office after they reach a determination on your eligibility for veterans' entitlements)
  • A copy of your course schedule (your course schedule must be submitted every semester to your school certifying official)
  • A copy of your Authorization and Certification Form (VA Form 28-1905), if you are receiving vocational rehabilitation entitlements

4. Apply for financial aid by completing a FAFSA form to determine if you are eligible for other forms of financial aid.

5. Sign up for WAVE to verify your monthly enrollments (MGIB-AD, MGIB-SR, REAP) online and direct deposit. (Note: you will receive your VA educational entitlement funds much more quickly through direct deposit).

6. Sign up for eBenefits to check your current Post 9/11 GI Bill enrollment status, access documents, update direct deposit and contact information, and much more.