Applying for Benefits

How to Apply for Veterans Educational Benefits

  1. Apply for GI Bill benefits on-line at
  2. Submit a class schedule to your campus VA Certifying Official
    ***Class schedules must be submitted each semester
  3. You will receive a letter from the VA notifying you of your award, and giving you instructions for proceeding with your benefits
  4. Read the instructions carefully; you may be required to verify your attendance monthlyon-line or by telephone
  5. After receiving the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the VA submit a copy of it, with your DD-214, to your campus VA Certifying Official

Chapter 31

After the VA determines your eligibility they will assign a caseworker; who will send the

Authorization and Certification Form to JCC to be completed by the VA Certifying Official.

Credit for Physical Education

Veterans may be eligible to receive credit for physical education.  Veterans should submit a copy of the original "member 4" of their DD-214 to the JCC campus you plan on attending:

Jamestown Community College*                OR                   Jamestown Community College
Office of Admissions                                                         Office of Admissions
525 Falconer Street                                                            260 North Union Street
Jamestown, NY 14701                                                       Olean, NY 14760

*Students attending the Jamestown campus, North County center, or Warren center should submitall paperwork to the Jamestown campus

Still Have Questions?  Call the GI Bill toll free number 1-888-442-4551

Check frequently for possible changes and updates to your benefits