The Student Food Pantry
A student food pantry is located on the Jamestown Campus and the North County Extension Center. We have a limited selection of basic food items available to any student in need without qualification. Food items are being purchased by Christ First United Methodist Church from the Food Bank of WNY. Christ First UMC runs the Northside Food Pantry, whom we have worked with to provide a selection of items that will be most useful to students.
The pantries are located in the following locations:
- Jamestown Campus: The hallway by the Main Street Learning Center on the second floor of the Hultquist Library
- North County Center: The second floor of the Counseling Center at the North County Center.
- Cattaraugus County Campus: We do not have a physical location on the Cattaraugus County Campus, however, if you are in need, please call Meghan McCune at 376.7542 or email her using this contact form.
The Jamestown pantry is open from 1-3 p.m. on Fridays, while the pantry at the North County Center is open during the Counseling Center's regular hours. You can call the Counseling Center at 716.363.6500 for current hours.
Should there be a need, you can contact any one of the people below to distribute food mid-week. One of our volunteers will arrange to meet the student and distribute the food. The pantries are operated on a voluntary basis so please be considerate of the volunteer’s time and understand if immediate assistance is not available.
- Shannon Bessette, 338.1223 (mobile – 716.969.2794)
- Wendy Bernard, 338.1220
- Kim Irland, 338.1004
- Becky Nystrom, 338.1315
- Kayla Crosby, 338.1392
- Tom Meara, 338.1194
- Students Hannah Ossman and Damon Bouge
- The Student Senate Office, 338.1192
North County Center
- Laurel Brown, 363.6528
- Jerry McGarrity, 363.6527
- Student Robin Kubera
Cattaraugus County Campus
- Meghan McCune, 376.7542
Food donations are always welcome and can be given to any of the above contacts. Anyone who would like to contribute to this effort may make a donation to Christ First United Methodist Church and designate it to the Northside Food Pantry:
Christ First UMC
North Side Food Pantry
663 Lakeview Ave.
Jamestown, NY 14701
All donations will be ‘banked’ with the Northside Pantry to both repay their kindness and to simplify our efforts. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact anyone listed above.