Cut your tuition
If you are a New York State resident, you can reduce your tuition by submitting a Certificate of Residence to the Business Office at Jamestown Community College.
For tuition purposes, New York residency means that you have lived in this state as a permanent resident for 12 months prior to the start of the semester. If you have not lived in New York State for 12 consecutive months, contact the Business Office as soon as possible. New York State Education Law 6305 requires the college to have a current certificate of residence on record for your student account every academic year.
If you live in Chautauqua County, Cattaraugus County, Allegany County, or Erie County:
- Print our Certificate of Residence form and complete the top portion.
- Return the notarized application to the Business Office no more than 60 days before the start of the semester.
- Provide all information requested.
- You can have your signature notarized at your campus Business Office in person with proof of identification.
- Legal address should list street, road, or route number. RDs and box numbers are not sufficient.
- All Chautauqua County residents must provide township of residence.
- Name of property owner is required by your county treasurer.
- Students must account for at least one year of residency in New York state. Accounts that do not have this form on file will be assessed non-resident status.
- New York state law requires students to file a new Certificate of Residence every year.
If you live in a New York state county other than those listed above:
- Follow your county treasurer’s instructions for obtaining a Certificate of Residence.
- Submit the certified affidavit from your treasurer to the Business Office.
|New York counties|